Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
tochett mentioned there is going to be lineup changes, does that mean somebody is coming out, or is he going to mix up the lines finally?

It’s gonna be very interesting
They’ve traded Pettersson for Brendan Gallagher

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Second worst possible time to learn those lessons. The first being after the contracts are signed, ha ha.

Vancouver could look quite different next year.
They'll look different for sure. But I think they've also learned what type of player works and won't work with their system, so they can 'trim the fat' so to speak and look at cheaper players who can fit within Tocchet's system.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
If Tocchett wants to get rid of passengers, have to re-do the lines for Game 5. I would go with.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Hoglander - Blueger - Podkolzin
Suter - Lafferty - Mikheyev
Are you saying that Petterson deserves a promotion to the top line, or that the top line should be broken?

• Haha
Reactions: Coffey

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Are you saying that Petterson deserves a promotion to the top line, or that the top line should be broken?

Suter hasn't done much on the top line. The best way to get Pettersson going is by playing him with Miller and Boeser. Pettersson ain't going to turn it around with Lafferty on his wing.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I wonder what Tocchet is thinking as far as changes.

The biggest problem was just an overall lack of effort for the majority of the game, even if they run back the exact same lineup I think they'll get more in game 5 - only up from there.

That said I'd bring Hoglander back in, atleast there's a possibility of offense from him.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
If you put either Silovs or Desmith in Edmontons net , they wouldn't be difference makers. It's the Canucks structure that allows these goalies to hang in there.

I also think because Silovs is doing a great job relative to expectations, there hasn’t been the same focus on the goals against. He’s still struggling a bit with shots from distance. Demko doesn’t let in the third goal last night for instance

I wonder what Tocchet is thinking as far as changes.

The biggest problem was just an overall lack of effort for the majority of the game, even if they run back the exact same lineup I think they'll get more in game 5 - only up from there.

That said I'd bring Hoglander back in, atleast there's a possibility of offense from him.

I’d like to see Hoglander back in the bottom 6 and hopefully he can just bring some of the buzz saw energy he can instead of worrying about producing next to Pettersson.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I also think because Silovs is doing a great job relative to expectations, there hasn’t been the same focus on the goals against. He’s still struggling a bit with shots from distance. Demko doesn’t let in the third goal last night for instance

I’d like to see Hoglander back in the bottom 6 and hopefully he can just bring some of the buzz saw energy he can instead of worrying about producing next to Pettersson.

He should have had the last goal.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

Can't blame Silovs at all on the game winner, he was screened by Miller and Lindholm. The Canucks were far too passive on that play and should have got in the lane to block the shot or challenge Bouchard at the point.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Can't blame Silovs at all on the game winner, he was screened by Miller and Lindholm. The Canucks were far too passive on that play and should have got in the lane to block the shot or challenge Bouchard at the point.

It’s not so much blaming him as the reality that I don’t think his reads are on par with Demko and he makes himself smaller in net. It’s not that it was a bad goal but just an example of the difference Demko might make

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I think Silovs has played well enough to keep the series 2-2. Who knows what the series would be with Demko. What if Demko doesn't play as well as Silovs?

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i think the canucks should roll 5 d and 13 fwds. as long as ian cole gets more ice time im here for it

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
It’s not so much blaming him as the reality that I don’t think his reads are on par with Demko and he makes himself smaller in net. It’s not that it was a bad goal but just an example of the difference Demko might make

Demko may have stopped that shot but still can't blame Silovs. He made so many huge saves prior to the game winner especially in the 2nd. The positive is that the Canucks only showed up for the 3rd, this was probably their worst game of this playoffs and yet they nearly got this to OT, all while putting in just 20 minutes of effort.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Bouchard has been absolutely huge this series... even better than Hughes.

Have to agree with that. Hughes hasn't been himself these whole playoffs. It's not an effort or mental issue, his skating just doesn't seem to have the same pop. Still making good plays under pressure but having to do so without all of his usual skating advantage. Have to believe he's dealing with something. Bouchard has been absolutely excellent, a lot of growth from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad