Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Tochett is not letting this canucks team end quietly, they gonna win game 5

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Because Canuck fans aren't saying "your team" or "your goalie" when replying to my posts? :huh:
Yeah but why is that a relevant distinction?

You come across as someone who supports the Canucks so the misunderstanding is natural.

How does refuting it refute the rest of what they are saying?

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Lost in the noise of both fanbases absolutely hating each other is that this has been a very good series- all the games have been close, even the ones that shouldn't have been. I think both teams are getting "used" to each other finally. Silovs has been incredible. Should be an entertaining finish.
Totally agree, as a bystander it's been a very thrilling series!

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
What? It's nothing to do with a narrative. He's the third stringer. A Vezina finalist is injured. That's a fact.

Let me try this again. Read slowly, so you can follow along. No one is saying he isn't playing well, or costing the Canucks the series. The argument is there is a big difference between Silovs and Demko. Anyone with half a brain would tell you that.

I mean, Vancouver was one bounce away from going up 3-1 last night with a third-stringer. Again, not narrative. Fact.

Not my team at all.

I'm not sure what this even means. The Oilers don't have any other options, because they have trash goaltending. Are you surprised? It's Skinner, Pickard or Campbell. Pick your poison. Any casual fan knows the Oilers are an offensive juggernaut who can outscore shitty goaltending. Are you really surprised?
I understand what you're trying to get at, but when Silovs is providing better goaltending than over half the goalies that played in the first round, and magnitudes better netminding than what Skinner was giving the Oilers, your argument loses its potency. What's Demko going to do, gain the zone for Pettersson? Make breakout passes for Hughes when he's on the bench?

Lady luck may have been on their side, and they may have gotten a bounce, and they may have gone up 3-1. The numbers still say that they've been dominated in three straight. Fact.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Totally expected that the Oilers were gonna play better and I'm not surprised that we're headed back 2-2. I missed a good chunk of the early part of the game but it sounded like they came out better prepared and ready to go in the first. That Juulsen mistake was very costly, even if we ended up tying the game anyways. The Canucks looked good in the third but I don't put as much stock in a third period when we're down 2 goals, so I won't make the same mistake the Oilers fans do by counting game 3 as a "domination". Not great, some bad mistakes and didn't match the intensity in the first 2 periods.

But the bright side is its still 2-2 with home ice advantage. We did find a way to come back and I think we can confidently say that we cancome back from a multi-goal deficit against this team. Soucy is also back and hopefully we can get a jolt into the lineup from some additions.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Series is 2-2 going back to Vancouver. I still like our chances just fine. We chased out their #1 goalie, and I'm not convinced that Pickard is an upgrade. I was expecting more from the Oilers, but maybe the Canucks are just better than I give them credit for. I originally had the Oilers winning in 6, but I think the series is a coin toss moving forward.

Bernie Federko

Jun 29, 2018
I was told that Pettersson was a top 5 player in the NHL and better than Draisaitl.

I want a refund. Man, what a horrendous contract that is looking like already.
Man that guy drives me nuts, not that I care one way or the other. He's like Casper the friendly ghost out there.

Reactions: Kerberos

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Been a fun series so far. Canucks have been better than most people said they would. I saw a lot of "whoever wins this round is getting smoked next round." Well, that hasn't happened.

I will say though, the 3rd string goalie stuff needs to stop. Silovs is better than DeSmith. I don't know if DeSmith gets them to round 2.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Been a fun series so far. Canucks have been better than most people said they would. I saw a lot of "whoever wins this round is getting smoked next round." Well, that hasn't happened.

I will say though, the 3rd string goalie stuff needs to stop. Silovs is better than DeSmith. I don't know if DeSmith gets them to round 2.
If you put either Silovs or Desmith in Edmontons net , they wouldn't be difference makers. It's the Canucks structure that allows these goalies to hang in there.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Series is 2-2 going back to Vancouver. I still like our chances just fine. We chased out their #1 goalie, and I'm not convinced that Pickard is an upgrade. I was expecting more from the Oilers, but maybe the Canucks are just better than I give them credit for. I originally had the Oilers winning in 6, but I think the series is a coin toss moving forward.
Pickard looks like an upgrade to me. His puck handling is solid. He dishes it out to avoid whistles well.

Reactions: InTheBox and Coffey

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver

Silovs is better than Desmtih 100%. but the '3rd string goalie' quip is a rallying point more than anything. We're talking about a goalie going into these playoffs with 9 career NHL games. He's on pace to have more playoff games under his belt than regular season games. Calling him the 3rd string goalie from my vantage point is more of a 'tongue and cheek' comment that also happens to ring true, and I dig it.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Pickard looks like an upgrade to me. His puck handling is solid. He dishes it out to avoid whistles well.
And his rebound control was decent as well. From a technical standpoint, I think he performed fine. I don't think there were many grade A chances directed his way, and we haven't yet seen how he reacts to adversity, so for me, the jury is still out if he can be the guy. He could be. Time will tell.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Everybody is in this doom and gloom mode for Vancouver, yet the entire objective going into Edmonton was to win one game; winning both would have been a bonus.

Does it suck that we had a chance and blew it? Sure.

But let’s not kid ourselves. Vancouver is in the driver's seat; we have home advantage.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If Tocchett wants to get rid of passengers, have to re-do the lines for Game 5. I would go with.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Lindholm - Garland
Hoglander - Blueger - Podkolzin
Suter - Lafferty - Mikheyev

Reactions: Bgav

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
tochett mentioned there is going to be lineup changes, does that mean somebody is coming out, or is he going to mix up the lines finally?

It’s gonna be very interesting

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
tochett mentioned there is going to be lineup changes, does that mean somebody is coming out, or is he going to mix up the lines finally?

yup, and with so many players needing to be re-signed, it gets super interesting. It feels like open auditions for who wants to be here and who does not. I'm very glad we're learning all this now.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
yup, and with so many players needing to be re-signed, it gets super interesting. It feels like open auditions for who wants to be here and who does not. I'm very glad we're learning all this now.
Second worst possible time to learn those lessons. The first being after the contracts are signed, ha ha.

Vancouver could look quite different next year.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Well, Soucy will be back for sure. Hoglander maybe. I wonder if Demko is close enough to push him into the crease. Not that Silovs has been bad, but it could be a morale boost for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad