Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
That's literally a lot of literallys. ;)

Sure, the only superstar who has ever left edmonton due to edmonton is Pronger. But the fact remains that no superstar has stayed in Edmonton, and there's a reason they show up on literally ;) every single player's NTC list.

But McDavid and Draisaitl could very well be the exception. McDavid does come across as a bit of an odd duck so so maybe he's right where he wants to be.
Different ownership. The stars who were traded in the pre-cap era due to money came when this team's ownership couldn't afford it. Katz and a salary cap eliminates that.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Different ownership. The stars who were traded in the pre-cap era due to money came when this team's ownership couldn't afford it. Katz and a salary cap eliminates that.
Well, money does talk. So for the city of Edmonton's sake, I hope you're right.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Well, money does talk. So for the city of Edmonton's sake, I hope you're right.
I mean the Oilers can pay their stars market value now which really most teams can in the salary cap era. Will be up to those two if they want to stick together because Edmonton is probably the only place they can do that.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Honestly, being able to bring Edmonton to game 7 without Demko and playing our 3rd string 23y/o goalie is impressive enough.

We werent even supposed to be here in the 1st place and we still have a chance to take the series, regardless of whatever happens tomorrow, im still proud of my bois.
It does sound nice, but us Canucks fans should stop referring to him as our 3rd string. He WAS our 3rd string. But if we are actively choosing to play him over our 2nd string, he has defacto become our 2nd string.

But I agree with your overall point. No matter the outcome tomorrow night, this season has been a big success for the Canucks.

Reactions: LordBacon and rea

rea

Feb 8, 2011
1000025427.gif

I'm projecting this energy, sending these vibes, I want miller or zads to just pull some viking shit and do this. My god that'd send rogers into hysteria! Can't wait for this, nothing matters, no talks about this or that. It's game f***ing 7, if you got excuses already pre loaded, go bring that energy elsewhere and park it. See you Oilers tmw, may the best team win.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Skinner scares me. You just don’t know what you are going to get. Sometimes he’s great and a lot of the time in the playoffs at least, absolutely terrible. He’s so inconsistent. He could shut out the Canucks or let in 6. You have no idea. That’s why I truly don’t think he’s a #1.
Amen to this. Whatever the outcome for the Oilers, they need to find a way to shore up the goaltending and defence in the off-season (I feel like Oilers fans have been saying that for years now).

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Zach Hyman is like a modern day Chris Kunitz.. Not that good of a player, but just benefits from his linemate.. Hyman is to McDavid as Kunitz was to Crosby. He'd never have anywhere near those points anywhere else.
Thanks for clearing that up, Sherlock.

I think we can all agree.

We fans deserve to see Zadorov and Kane finally throw down this series after all that back and forth
Yeah this "will they, won't they" needs to end.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Without their top scoring forward and their Vezina goalie (who they heavily relied on this year) this is a monumental task. They went from being underdogs to totally playing with house money here. There's no expectation from me that they can beat a more or less fully healthy Oilers team unless Skinner craps the bed.

Who had the Nucks winning the division and going to game 7 of the 2nd round?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
On the Oilers side Knoblauch has said there'll be a couple game day decisions as well (illness, injury). Will have to see if they end up missing any key pieces as well tonight. I know Ekholm was a close call for last game.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Oilers are going to annhilate Vancouver tonight.

McDavid and Drai with 5 points each, minimum

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad