• Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
No idea what games you are watching. Stars have had more power plays and clearly been the beneficiaries of more questionable calls.

I'm not going to pin any loss on the refs because, like you said, Dallas has certainly had their chances......but it'd be nice if they started calling those picks that Colorado keeps running in the offensive zone.

Even the announcers were picking up on it last night. :laugh:

Reactions: LT and Alex1234

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
I'm not going to pin any loss on the refs because, like you said, Dallas has certainly had their chances......but it'd be nice if they started calling those picks that Colorado keeps running in the offensive zone.

My man, this is playoff hockey. You're seeing all this stuff you want a penalty on. Some of it might even get called in the regular season.

Us Avs fans are seeing the same things from your team. We would like those things called. It doesn't get called. Welcome to the playoffs.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Why did Stars fans leave the game early? Didn’t they rip Vegas for doing that? What was the word that was thrown out a lot… classless?
Many of us take various trains to the game to save hassle and the $35 parking lot pass. While they have a "game train" that leaves 20 minutes after the game ends, it is crowded. Meanwhile, there is a scheduled train that leaves about 10 minutes before the game ends that is empty. If the game doesn't seem in doubt, I have taken the early trains many times this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if drivers also want to beat the crowd, as I have seen in most places. They don't put stadiums on the main highways anymore for a quick exit. Thousands of cars flow out into narrow streets before getting on the Interstate, which is not fun.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Many of us take various trains to the game to save hassle and the $35 parking lot pass. While they have a "game train" that leaves 20 minutes after the game ends, it is crowded. Meanwhile, there is a scheduled train that leaves about 10 minutes before the game ends that is empty. If the game doesn't seem in doubt, I have taken the early trains many times this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if drivers also want to beat the crowd, as I have seen in most places. They don't put stadiums on the main highways anymore for a quick exit. Thousands of cars flow out into narrow streets before getting on the Interstate, which is not fun.
And Vegas has the Strip to walk out towards. That’s not fun either, trust me.

Reactions: Zrhutch and Satan

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
And Vegas has the Strip to walk out towards. That’s not fun either, trust me.
I have gone to a game in Vegas. I was lucky enough to find a parking space in the lot just south of the arena, and didn't find it bad. Worst part of that game was the usher who wondered why I was wearing a "Hartford Whalers" jersey. So, he was knowledgeable and funny.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Game 1: 22-16
Game 2: 23-20
Game 3: 23-17
Game 4: 23-20
Game 5: 25-20

Avs have outshot the Stars in every game 5v5. The difference in this series is special teams, the Stars power play is on fire. Interesting to see what happens as this series goes on, especially if the Refs decide to swallow the whistle.

Reactions: Andrew Wiggin

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Avs have outshot the Stars in every game 5v5. The difference in this series is special teams, the Stars power play is on fire. Interesting to see what happens as this series goes on, especially if the Refs decide to swallow the whistle.
you should do some research on score effects, Alex

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oettinger sunk them last night.

All 3 of those 3rd period goals were stoppable at best and abysmal at worst.

They got a visit from the Oettinger of last year's playoffs and a decent part of this regular season.

To be fair, Oettinger has been solid since about game 1 against Vegas.

But the third goal was not a good one, but those happen around the league fairly frequently. The Makar goal was one of the lousiest goals I've seen these playoffs and the MacKinnon goal that made it 5-3 with minutes left after the Stars brought it to within one was definitely one he could and probably should have had. It went right through his arm, not a good goal.

The goal with half a second left in the 1st period (not a bad one on Oettinger) also didn't help. If they could have killed another half second to end the 1st period and Oettinger made at least one of saves on the bad goals (the Makar one) then it's at least going to overtime.

Bernie Federko

Jun 29, 2018
Game 5 sure felt like a missed opportunity for Dallas. I had the feeling that Dallas was going to win the game through most of the first and second periods. If Colorado hadn't scored with less than a second left in the 1st, I think the results would have been different. Even if Dallas goes on to win the series, the toll of possibly 2 more games may cost them down the road.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Last night was the first time we saw the Stars play from behind and they did not look great doing it. They clearly excel when playing with the lead. Avs need to start scoring first if they want to truly make this a series. They've made it way too easy on Dallas the first four games.

TanguaySauce

Better Than BBQ
Jan 3, 2018
Shaolin Island

Can't believe you listen to and retain anything those ESPN hacks say

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Game 5 sure felt like a missed opportunity for Dallas. I had the feeling that Dallas was going to win the game through most of the first and second periods. If Colorado hadn't scored with less than a second left in the 1st, I think the results would have been different. Even if Dallas goes on to win the series, the toll of possibly 2 more games may cost them down the road.

Yes, in most cases had a team not scored a goal at a certain time it would certainly have an impact on the final outcome.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Yes, goals at 0.3 seconds happen all the time
Oh my apologies, I didn't realize goals scored at the end of the 1st period were worth more. Must be a new rule. A goal 1 minute into the 3rd seems more impactful to me if we want to randomly say the game would have been different if a team hadn't scored "insert goal of your choice here" but hey, what do I know.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Can't believe you listen to and retain anything those ESPN hacks say
Oh come on now...we both know the Avs (like a lot of teams) get away with a decent amount of picking, especially on PP's.

The trick is for the player to do everything they can to make it look like they're skating to THEIR ice that is rightfully theirs, and they collide with a player who's tracking the puck carrier.

Most of the time it works, sometimes it doesn't and you get whistled for it. But it happens and MacK clearly got away with that on the Makar PP goal.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
GDT is up…

Good luck to both teams and..

IMG_6232.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad