Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Dal in 7

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Gabe secret return to the lineup with a massive amount of hype just to lose Game 6 is probably not an idea I should be thinking about

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Can we still win this series in 6 so the poll lives up to it’s results?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
A question for the better hockey minds out here: Did the Avs look like they changed their strategy? Or was it just that what they were doing before finally worked?
The biggest difference was the changed makeup of the lines.

But the forecheck was notably improved and put way more pressure on the Dallas D leading to rushed passes and slaps at the puck. Avs were frequently lined up across their blue line to disrupt the Dallas rush. Avs would converge on th lone puck carrier. Dallas did not want to dump the puck so their play was frequently broken up between the blue line and the top of the circles.

Dallas had a few sequences of puck control and possession but no where near the level of games 3 and 4.

Overall, Dallas played as individuals last night They thought they had this series already won. DeBoers was highly PO'd at their poor play. I expect more team play, shorter passes with solid puck support next game.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
The most annoying thing about this is the fact, we are playing gimped, with 13 millions worth of cap once again not available, somehow second year in a row. Its 2 top-six wingers we are missing, dare i say 2 first-line ones. It f***ed us up last year against Seattle and it might potentially cost us again. Dallas is strong thanks to their depth, having good and experienced players even on lower lines, who were top-liners themselves not so long ago, but we could have matched that depth, if only we had our full roster.

If Landeskog is not available by the start of the next season, yet still somehow Avs player, nor is Nichuskin permanently gone and replaced, then management really needs to wake up, as they are pissing away prime of MacKs, Makars and Rantanens careers by supporting them with players, who cant be relied on.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I just don’t get the mentality of the Avs keep saying they don’t care if they fall behind in games because they can come back. Don’t they understand that if they take a lead and play with a lead, it will be much better because that puts the pressure on Dallas to open up and try tying the game and it puts them outside their comfort zone.

They won’t be able to play the same defensive trap game as they do when they have the lead. That might be on the coaching staff. Instead of encouraging your players that it’s ok to fall behind because you can come back, how about make them start the game better and get a lead.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
If Dallas' fans are bitching about anything they can shut the f*** up. Benn's been throwing borderline shots all over the ice during the whole series. Manson is just playing the game Dallas' is bringing. Stars and their fans can't bitch if the Avs play the game the way they play. I hope the Avs keep it up. The shots thrown against Parise were worst than any of the shots the Avs have thrown.

I'm thrilled for once that the Avs aren't just taking it this round.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Avs losing all 3 homes games in this series isn’t something I would have had on my bingo card if\when it happens tonight.

Avs were the best home team in the league throughout the regular season. I know the Stars are one of the best road teams but if they sweep the Avs at home, it will be quite remarkable.

Though if we're being honest, the Avs were easily the better team in game 3 and game 4 was a complete shit show throw away after the Nuke/Toews news hit an hour before puck drop. Dallas was gifted significant external factors to get both those games.

I know it will never happen but, even if he can only play 2 minutes, throw Landy on the fourth line and sit Cogliano. The emotional boost from having Landy on the bench would be huge.

Reactions: RECKLESS

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We might win tonight.

As others have said, it's hard to imagine the best home team in the league going 0-3 at home in the series.

But man it's hard to imagine a scenario where they win game 7. We must be on a 5+ game losing streak in game 7s(0-3 under Bednar at least, with Seattle 2023, Dallas 2020 Bubble, San Jose 2019) while DeBoer has literally never lost a game 7.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
We might win tonight.

As others have said, it's hard to imagine the best home team in the league going 0-3 at home in the series.

But man it's hard to imagine a scenario where they win game 7. We must be on a 5+ game losing streak in game 7s(0-3 under Bednar at least, with Seattle 2023, Dallas 2020 Bubble, San Jose 2019) while DeBoer has literally never lost a game 7.

We won't give DeBoer the opportunity to clap us in game 7 again. We're finished tonight and that's a @Ceremony guarantee.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad