Post-Game Talk: WCQF: Game 6 Whales @ Perds 5/3/24 6PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We were also missing our 2 best players when we went on that run last year where we only missed by 3 points. As I said add a healthy forsberg and Josi to that team and they make the playoffs easy just like this year. I don’t think this team overachieved it was exactly where they was supposed to be a wild card team and 1st round exit.

We were missing 3+ of our best players. Forsberg (last game 2/11), Josi (last game 3/18), Duchene (last game 3/26), then Johansen (2/21). Carrier was out after 3/2.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
You really need to stop creating a narrative that other people aren't saying at all. No one has said we need to strip every Vet out of the roster and bring everyone from Milwaukee up. You are 100% fabricating that in your own mind.

What has been said is that we would rather see young guys given opportunities over playing the Sherwoods, Smiths, McCarrons, Jankowskis and Beauvilliers of the league.

Most of us understand you gotta keep Vets around to mentor the younger guys or you end up with an Ottawa or Buffalo situation. What you do is let your young guys be your depth rather than a bunch of AHL tweeners that are only on the roster because you think the young guys need to burn all of their RFA years in the AHL.

Afanasyev is a perfect example. That's a guy that put up points in the AHL this season and has much of what we we are looking for in the bottom half of the roster. He earned his chance for a look and didn't get it. The one game he got was the Dallas game, and he was one of the few that didn't stink that night but is the one that got the shaft.

Some of the other guys should have been given opportunities with Novak and Evangelista instead of a guy like Jankowski, which we all know is going nowhere long term. If they didn't produce or play well then fine, send them back down. Atleast they get a taste of the league and see where they need to go. Heck who knows, maybe you get lucky and get a guy that beats expectations.

Then you get to a guy like Parsinnen who they need to figure out what they want him to do. They can't keep bouncing him between winger and center, up and down the line up, and from Nashville to Milwaukee and expect the guy to show anything. The GM and Coach need to get their crap together when it comes to him because they have been doing him and the organization a disservice with how he has been handled.
You mention 5 vets you’d replace with players that are on the Admirals. Add in Novak and Evangelista, that’s 7 prospects. Add in Tomasino and that’s 8. So what you’re saying is you would have liked to have seen 8 out of the 12 forward positions filled with players that had less than 2 years of experience.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I'm for the Dallas Stars form of development. A kid isn't a finished product and may not really be better than a replacement part like a Marchment, Glendening or Domi. But if he shows the right signs, give him a chance. Staple him to one or more veteran leaders (a Benn or Pavelski). Tolerate his mistakes. Teach him to be a pro, how to be consistent from a base of stability. After a few years you have a natural pipeline that keeps filling roles on the roster: Hintz, Robertson, Johnston, Dellandrea, Stankoven. Of course, they won't all work out, but it is the definition of building through the draft.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Well, shit. I really thought we would pull that game out. :(

The same things that plagued the team during the early parts of the year came back to haunt us again during the series.

This team was a likeable bunch and really made it fun watching the Preds again!

Proud of this group and excited for the future! :yo:

Reactions: ShagDaddy

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I'm for the Dallas Stars form of development. A kid isn't a finished product and may not really be better than a replacement part like a Marchment, Glendening or Domi. But if he shows the right signs, give him a chance. Staple him to one or more veteran leaders (a Benn or Pavelski). Tolerate his mistakes. Teach him to be a pro, how to be consistent from a base of stability. After a few years you have a natural pipeline that keeps filling roles on the roster: Hintz, Robertson, Johnston, Dellandrea, Stankoven. Of course, they won't all work out, but it is the definition of building through the draft.
This right here. My complaint with the preds development has always been playing our kids in Milwaukee to long. Give the kids a chance and not 2-5 games planted on the 4th line. Evangelista showed you can make better strides in the nhl when given a chance

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You mention 5 vets you’d replace with players that are on the Admirals. Add in Novak and Evangelista, that’s 7 prospects. Add in Tomasino and that’s 8. So what you’re saying is you would have liked to have seen 8 out of the 12 forward positions filled with players that had less than 2 years of experience.
Games coming into the season:

Tomasino - 107
Novak - 78
Smith - 78
Sherwood - 119

So who is the prospect and who is the Vet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad