• Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Lol. Sure. It was all fun.

The epic meltdowns by half the forum after game 1 was hilarious! Especially the whining about Georgiev and wanting him replaced.

Now we are up 3-1 everyone who said we had no chance says they were “just joking”

Funny how that works.
It doesn't even matter what the subject matter is as long as you get to tell people you told them so. Why is everyone out to get you?

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
How good would Josh Morrissey be on this team?

That's a guy tailor-made for Bednar hockey. Skating, puck movement, seamless transition, high IQ.

Love watching him play.
He threw a few hits too. Every team would love to have the guy. Your top guys need to either have some snarl or at least be willing to play the body at times to defend (like Toews and Makar).

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
How good would Josh Morrissey be on this team?

That's a guy tailor-made for Bednar hockey. Skating, puck movement, seamless transition, high IQ.

Love watching him play.
Basically an even better toews or just toews with more offensive responsibility. Hes even more mobile than Toews laterally and in small areas. Almost like a super big girard.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 11.10.05 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 11.10.32 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 11.11.01 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 11.11.28 AM.png

Aside from Game 3, the Jets haven't come close to deserving a single win in this series. Keep doing what we're doing in Game 5, do not let up or relent. They do not have an answer for our forecheck, speed, and talent.

Nov 20, 2013
Sweden
Our puck skills and transition are so far superior. The way we pressure their puck carrier is possibly best in the league.

Somehow we win more puck battles around the boards and I think that has much to do with hunger and mentality and this part can flip mid series.

Physicality is kind of even.

They made guys like Manson cough up the puck occationally in our zone with their pressure, but they are not consistent doing it and often times our defensemen have too much time and can send crisp passes instead of board dumping out the puck.

---

They can do a better job of shutting down our transition game by adjusting their forechecking similar to how Vegas did mid series in the -21 playoffs.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
So are the Avs legit good again or was the Jets' season a mirage. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Jets played Vegas pretty good in the first round last year but that could be a matchup thing. Avs have stepped it up a notch no doubt but Georgie hasn't been tested a ton either so that will be TBD until the games are more even.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
So are the Avs legit good again or was the Jets' season a mirage. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Jets played Vegas pretty good in the first round last year but that could be a matchup thing. Avs have stepped it up a notch no doubt but Georgie hasn't been tested a ton either so that will be TBD until the games are more even.
I think it's a combination of a bunch of things.

The Avs are legitimately good, and built for the playoffs. So many of our guys have turned it up a notch, or seven. The Jets conversely seem to not be built for playoff hockey. Very few of their guys are stepping up.

Our depth is coming through where it wasn't before.

Bowness seems unable, or unwilling to adapt to the Avalanche, but Bednar is doing a good job of neutering the Jets.

The Avs are playing to their strengths - high skill, high speed, relentless forecheck. The Jets are not playing to their strengths - clogging shit up, playing good team D, and they're not getting the saves they were in the regular season.

The Jets are a good team, and based on the regular season I thought this was the worst possible first round match up for us, because of their ability to slow us down. But, the boys have all come to play and when the Avs play to their DNA and systems, we're one of the best teams in the league and absolutely a cup contender/favorite.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Wrap this up in 5 so we can get a couple days to heal from the goon squad that is about to show.
Maybe it's my skewed memory, but I find it rare in elimination games that goon stuff happens. There is no message to send. There is only despair at seeing the impending end of one's season.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Our puck skills and transition are so far superior. The way we pressure their puck carrier is possibly best in the league.
This is what makes Toronto's decision to build a D corps of Morgan Rielly plus 8 other below average dudes that can't move the puck or press efficiently so very baffling.

Some of this is on Treliving, but it started with Dubas moving out Sandin.

That's a team that could really use Girard.

Reactions: Rosy Cheeks

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014

The Avs are good.

Colorado was in ‘not give a f*** mode’ late in the year, combined with Swiss cheese goaltending, their record suffered.

The Jets are a good team. Colorado is top tier.

I still think Georgiev is capable of sinking them at some point in the playoffs, but we’ll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00