Votes: 6 6.1%
  • $3.5

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The amount of guys with 35+ points and 200+ hits last season has gotta be pretty small, no? And at 2.3 mil I'm not sure what else you could expect from him. Finally stepped it up and got 5 points these playoffs too including a few big goals.

EDIT: If what I'm drawing from statmuse is correct only these guys fit the criteria this year:

Frederic
Jt Miller
Tom Wilson
Tolvanen
B. Tkachuk
Seider
E. Kane

Even if you change the criteria to 30 points only Joshua and Pionk are added. Frederic the least toi/g of the entire list.
If he were on another team everyone here would be pining for him.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
There were far more disappointing forwards in the playoffs overall for the bruins this year in the playoffs but he did completely disappear in the florida again.

Just wish he could have continued his play from Toronto series against florida. Especially answering the bell for pasta and marchand. But I guess that’s why he’s paid roughly $2m

Reactions: NDiesel

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
A lot of this discourse on Freddy is people wanting him to be something he's not. What he is is an excellent even strength play driver with top tier even strength results. Plus he's a plus PKer.

Here is a partial list of forwards who had fewer 5v5 points than Trent Frederic last year (he was T73 among all forwards, tied with Claude Giroux), and I didn't include players who didn't play enough games like Eichel:

John Tavares
Adrian Kempe
William Karlsson
Roope Hintz
Joel Eriksson-Ek
Ryan O'Reilly
Anze Kopitar
Steven Stamkos
Sean Monahan
Martin Necas
Jamie Benn
Chris Kreider
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Alex Ovechkin
Anders Lee
Brad Marchand

I could go on...but I still don't think people get what we have in him.

I do wonder if his IQ could play higher up in the lineup with better players or if he is a forever productive 3rd liner.

Reactions: Over the volcano

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I don't think Trent Frederic is the guy we expect him to be. Especially in the playoffs.

We can argue all day about his regular season play, which is fine, but he goes into a shell in the playoffs. Look at the two series against Florida. 1 assist in 11 games, -4.

It’s true.

He’s a guy you really want to believe is a “difference maker” during the playoffs but he’s never shown another gear.

It’s not as bad as Gryz getting hit ass kicked every April, but seeing Frederic become a playoff bystander is to be expected at this point.

He’s a big guy with some skill and the ability to throw big hits and fight if needed. I wish he could be more confident in his game.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Florida is just his kryptonite. He was excellent in the Toronto series. 5 points +5 in 13 games. Pretty good for a third line guy at the end of the day. He throws his body around. Will fight occasionally. He is alright. I like him over all.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Florida is just his kryptonite. He was excellent in the Toronto series. 5 points +5 in 13 games. Pretty good for a third line guy at the end of the day. He throws his body around. Will fight occasionally. He is alright. I like him over all.
If you believe corsi and all that - he was one of their best forwards against FLA

Reactions: Kegs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad