Three teams in the second round currently trail in their series - 1-3 or 2-3 - who comes back to win? Boston/Colorado/Carolina?

Do any of Boston, Carolina or Colorado complete a comeback and win their round 2 series?

• Total voters

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I think Carolina comes back and wins their series. Coming back this far from being down 3-0, I think the pressure is on NY now and CAR is just getting stronger. It would certainly help if they got their PP on track too.

• Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Well, if you like at it like that then sure. But what is their record when they are down 3-2? It’s not 0 for, that’s for sure.
3-23, when down 3-2 in a series. So a 0.115 winning percentage. The 3 series they won when down 3-2 are 1941 vs the Leafs, 1994 vs the Canadiens, and the Cup finals vs Vancouver in 2011.

I would say marginally better chances than down 3-1.

PS: let me pre-emptively tell you before you ask, that the Bruins have played 31 game 7‘s and they are 16-15 in those. As far as I know, they are the team with more game 7 played than any other team.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
3-23, when down 3-2 in a series. So a 0.115 winning percentage. The 3 series they won when down 3-2 are 1941 vs the Leafs, 1994 vs the Canadiens, and the Cup finals vs Vancouver in 2011.

I would say marginally better chances than down 3-1.

PS: let me pre-emptively tell you before you ask, that the Bruins have played 31 game 7‘s and they are 16-15 in those. As far as I know, they are the team with more game 7 played than any other team.

I don't know what Craig Janney, Sergei Samsonov or Don Marcotte's time in the playoffs has anything to do with the 2024 Bruins.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Well we can strike Carolina off the list. They almost had it until Kreider woke up. And then there were 2..

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I don't know what Craig Janney, Sergei Samsonov or Don Marcotte's time in the playoffs has anything to do with the 2024 Bruins.
The 2024 Bruins. You mean pretty much the very same record-breaking, 135 points team that also had Bergeron, Krejci, Hall, Orlov, Bertuzzi, Hathaway and lost to this very same Florida team last season? A Bruins team that runs with their top two centers being Charlie Coyle and Pavel Zacha? Do you think that this has anything to do with their chances?

You know, I don‘t want to go down the sarcasm way because you‘re a Bruins fan, I have obviously seen posts by you. But if you think that history doesn‘t repeat yourself, you‘re just bound to be disappointed again and again. There is a reason why people gather data and analyze what happened historically. Of course there is no mathematical certainty in pretty much anything in life (besides death at a point or another), but a team failing constantly in a certain exercise (like the Bruins when down 3-1 or 3-2 in a series. Or the Leafs when playing the Bruins in the playoffs and in more recent times losing to the Bruins in game 7) shows a significant likelihood of it happening again. Maybe the Bruins will now go on a bender and eliminate Florida, then sweep the Rangers and sweep whoever gets in the finals from the western conference. Is it possible? Sure is. Likely? Nope, not one bit. Why? See first paragraph and see how Bruins historically are allergic to series when down 3-1 (overall record 0-25) or 3-2 (overall record 3-23). Let‘s hope for the best.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Between Edmonton, Boston and Colorado I could see all three of them pulling off the comeback - and I could also see all three getting snuffed out at home.

Might only be one series left, after tonight.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I HATE to say it, but I was right. Bruins now 0-26 when down 3-1 in a series, and 3-24 when down 3-2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad