The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Careful what you wish for. We're counting on Kevyn actually finding an upgrade, Gus is a fine 4LW.
I feel like the most obvious outcome is that we sign the three meatiest meathead you’ll ever meet to run into walls and take penalties all year….but the scoring in the top nine bounces back, the power play starts working and the goalie tandem plays above average all year so we break the drought and then listen to Peters and every Buffalo Bob with WGR on speed dial credit all that grit.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Given that there's only one year left on his contract do they really have the leverage to swing that kind of deal?
I think in the scenario where there’s a trade for a player of that caliber there’s probably an understanding that he’ll re-sign or else the deal isn’t done.

I agree that I’d do Power+Cozens++ incidentally but I wasn’t sure if most would agree.

Reactions: Zman5778

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I would most like to do one of those big package for a great player in their prime deals you see sometimes. Because 11 overall, Savoie and or whoever from that bucket, a guy from the second tier bucket and a second in 2025 all have something in common. They aren’t going to do one thing to help this team in 2024. If you’re telling me I can move things that aren’t going to help me…get someone who will be one of our top forwards for years to come…and I still have multiple 1st round players and a ton of depth in the prospect pool…knowing everyone can’t make this team no matter how long we wait…I’m dancing in the f***ing streets.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Careful what you wish for. We're counting on Kevyn actually finding an upgrade, Gus is a fine 4LW.
Girgs is the perfect example of a guy who won't be missed until he's gone. It's absurd just how badly the guy is scapegoated when he is actually a good and effective 4th line player.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Man, that looks like it would HURT, but that's what probably makes it realistic. I'm terrible at gauging trade value, though.

From what Ive seen- he's a playoff performer as well. We'd have our elite 1C for the next 5+ years. Damn. I'm actually quite worried about our center spine, but this would go a long way in fixing it. We'd just have to hope a 2C would blossom rather quickly.
I assume that given the choice, Edmonton would choose Cozens over Tage......and would likely choose Savoie and #11. Yes, that package would hurt.....but we're in a rather unique position that it actually wouldn't be that bad.

For shits and giggles:

someone-Drai-JJP
Benson-Tage-Tuch

That's a pretty pretty solid top 6.

Then on defense.....we'd still need that physical top-4 RHD to pair with Byram, assuming Sammy-Dahlin remain a thing.

Then we'd still have Kulich, Rosen, Ostlund, Wahlberg, Strbak, Novikov, Komarov in the pipeline.

We're in a REAL good place to make a quantity-for-quality deal.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I feel like the most obvious outcome is that we sign the three meatiest meathead you’ll ever meet to run into walls and take penalties all year….but the scoring in the top nine bounces back, the power play starts working and the goalie tandem plays above average all year so we break the drought and then listen to Peters and every Buffalo Bob with WGR on speed dial credit all that grit.
I’ll take it

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Cope over what? I haven’t lost anything
Your player evaluation abilities.

it's internet slang which means what someone believes doesn't align with reality, so to cope with that disagreement they are trying to convince themselves that something untrue is actually true. copium is the metaphorical drug they take to convince themselves of that.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Power
Tage or Cozens -- their choice
Quinn, Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund, pick 11 this year, unprotected 1st next year -- pick 2 (I'd add JJP to this tier, but ostensibly the idea would be to keep JJP to play with his countrymate)

Sign Drai to a long-term deal at $12.5-13M AAV.
While it's probably a fair proposal on paper... Absolutely no way.

The upgrade from TT (or even Cozens) to Draisaitl is not worth Power ++.

Then you'd likely have to make Draisaitl the highest paid player in the league. Draisaitl isn't worth almost double TT's salary either. I'd use that extra cap space on extending Byram and/or on a premier defensive 3C

This isn't the way to win.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Your player evaluation abilities.

it's internet slang which means what someone believes doesn't align with reality, so to cope with that disagreement they are trying to convince themselves that something untrue is actually true. copium is the metaphorical drug they take to convince themselves of that.
That’s not really on point

Cope would be saying that we were fine after eichel and Reilly left

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad