Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
The team could be good as long as Musty and the right OAs return.

Musty-Delic-Coughlan
Walton-Villeneuve-Pharrand

DeAngelis-McCoy
Mania
Jackson-Blonda

That is a good top of the line-up with plenty of size next season imo.
As a Flint fan eyeing potential OA’s and 19yo’s next year….what do you think the odds of Sudbury going partial or full sell-off are and what are the odds of each of those potential OA’s returning?

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
As a Flint fan eyeing potential OA’s and 19yo’s next year….what do you think the odds of Sudbury going partial or full sell-off are and what are the odds of each of those potential OA’s returning?
If this year was any indications our GM will find a way to come out on the short end and again screw things up

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
If this year was any indications our GM will find a way to come out on the short end and again screw things up
I fully expected Sudbury to be in the Finals or ECF this year. I wasn’t anticipating the goalie struggles but I believed in the rest of the roster. There’s no team from the East I’d like to see in the Finals more than Sudbury at this point. My current goal is to pull off a Sudbury-North Bay swing before you guys land a new arena. Then do it again when the new arena is built.

Reactions: frontsfan67

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I don't think there will be a full sell unless Musty can stick in the NHL 2+ months. Odds are good that Delic, Konyen, DeAngelis, VanVliet, McCoy, Collins, Vandenberg all return as OAs.
Collins would be good for Flint, McCoy likely better. I'd prefer the wolves keep Collins as well as DeAngelis, and Delic.

Do you have special needs for trips?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I don't think there will be a full sell unless Musty can stick in the NHL 2+ months. Odds are good that Delic, Konyen, DeAngelis, VanVliet, McCoy, Collins, Vandenberg all return as OAs.
Collins would be good for Flint, McCoy likely better. I'd prefer the wolves keep Collins as well as DeAngelis, and Delic.

Do you have special needs for trips?
Time. Cash. And I don’t want to make that trip in Dec-Jan-Feb. AWD vehicle or not. Last year the schedule was perfect but both my daughters go to college in Chicago and my oldest had ankle surgery that week and lives on the fourth floor of an elevator-less apartment. So instead of finally making the trip to Sudbury I went to Chicago to help take care of her.

Reactions: dirty12

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Time. Cash. And I don’t want to make that trip in Dec-Jan-Feb. AWD vehicle or not. Last year the schedule was perfect but both my daughters go to college in Chicago and my oldest had ankle surgery that week and lives on the fourth floor of an elevator-less apartment. So instead of finally making the trip to Sudbury I went to Chicago to help take care of her.
I went 2nd week of January a few years back ( have a 4 wheel drive truck). My son took a picture at the hotel in North Bay. We were the only non- snow machine in the parking lot, lol. A different world from what us Southerners are use too. Still was a fun trip, lots of driving.

• Haha
Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I went 2nd week of January a few years back ( have a 4 wheel drive truck). My son took a picture at the hotel in North Bay. We were the only non- snow machine in the parking lot, lol. A different world from what us Southerners are use too. Still was a fun trip, lots of driving.
Awesome. They may have been heading ~4.5 hrs NWN on hwy 11. A very popular starting point for snow mobile trips is Smooth Rock Falls.
A different breed for sure. About $125K for the truck, another $25K for the snow machine or double at least for two and trailer for couples because 10-14 days in temperatures down to -40 C is a good time.

Last edited:

BuffaloSabres72

Jan 9, 2024
Really depends on who they can trade for what. Lots of options.

Delic
McCoy
Deangelis
Delic and McCoy have asked to be traded. Delic is frustrated with the organisation and McCoy feels mislead by the GM. Constant BS and interfering with the coaches. Windsor is sniffing around to bring DeAngelis back.
Need goaltending. Track record here ain't the best. Give away 2 picks for Ranger. Then let him walk for nothing. Draft Gaulton but don't develop him. Don't think he played in the recent Espanola playoffs although I could be wrong. Bring in Brassard who had been waived by 3 Q teams. Import draft Vondras I can only assume site unseen. Do the Wolves have a European scout? Trade for Vandenberg.
Musty hoping to make San Jose and if not considering Sweden.
Sudbury could be a great place. Fantastic fans and the barn has character. A GM who thinks he's smarter than everyone and meddles incessantly is a problem. He even told Ken line combinations and ice time. That's why Stillman left. There shouting matches were legendary.

BuffaloSabres72

Jan 9, 2024
About as much a chance as Papineau spearheading the Wolves to a conference championship
Papineau called Michael Hage about coming to Sudbury when he was in the hospital hopped up on pain medication recovering from surgery. As a result, the genius GM gave away to Kitchener 5 draft picks. Where is the owner in all of this?

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Musty and Dvorsky both named OHL 1st team all stars, on top of the Goyette scoring title.

What an embarrassing waste of this roster this season was.
Watching the memorial cup confirms for me that this year was a missed opportunity. They’ll likely never have this strong of a team again. The Wolves beat full strength London and Saginaw at home and lost close games to those teams on the road. They had more talent than Drummondville and Moose Jaw. All they needed was a coach and for the GM to get out of the way and find a goalie. Papineau cost Zulich a lot of playoff money this year. Sudbury fans deserve better

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Papineau called Michael Hage about coming to Sudbury when he was in the hospital hopped up on pain medication recovering from surgery. As a result, the genius GM gave away to Kitchener 5 draft picks. Where is the owner in all of this?
one 4th round draft pick, could have been four picks if all conditions were met. Stick to truths for credibility

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sorry. My mistake. Thought otherwise. Got it right about the phone call but otherwise thank you for correcting.
have disliked that guy since the 2nd weekend of his first full year as GM, and have called for his dismissal since 2022 draft. I can understand the frustration, but not stetching truth.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
And Dario thinks Papineau can do no wrong that is why we will go nowhere. This organization is a dumpster fire under Papineau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad