Spengler Cup Canadian Roster Announced (Seguin, Bergeron)

GodTukka*

Canada sends it's best and we get stonewalled by some no-name German league goalie?

I feel like i should be offended

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Canada sends it's best and we get stonewalled by some no-name German league goalie?

I saw Adler play in Hamburg in the fall and while it is not NHL, the quality of play was pretty decent so result is not a shocker to me...Canada carried the play, but **** like this happens...

GodTukka*

Eh, usually i don't care about the Spengler, didn't realize Canada hadn't won it since 07 (it's more of a sign how much we need the NHL, really)

And as for the Tukka comment, i know full well i spelled it like that, i made the mistake on another account and just stuck with it for everything.

Zdeno33Lucic*

What a pass by bergeron to smyth

Bergeron and Seguin are gonna be a PPG players when nhl starts

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Is Seguin being used as a centre or winger for Canada? I assume he's considered as a winger first by coaches at this point.

Edit: In a short tourny like this, I also assume he's playing on a line with Bergy, which would make Seguin a winger.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Seguin looks like an absolute beast. One scoring chance after another.

Bergeron stealing pucks and stripping people, as usual.

Maybe they can pick up Smyth at the end of next season so he can win his Cup.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
It's fun reading all the condescending posts about Mannheim. :D

And our goalie isn't really a no-name. Sure, he isn't good enough to perform in the NHL, but he did steal the show during the Worlds in 2010.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I saw Adler play in Hamburg in the fall and while it is not NHL, the quality of play was pretty decent so result is not a shocker to me...Canada carried the play, but **** like this happens...

Well, can't really compare those 2 teams (Adler then and Adler now) since we got a huge amount of NHL players since then. And there are 3 additional players for the Spengler Cup only.

But if you watch our hockey on a regular basis (and I obviously do) you cannot say the level of play was decent by NHL standards.

Last edited:

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Well, can't really compare those 2 teams (Adler then and Adler now) since we got a huge amount of NHL players since then. And there are 3 additional players for the Spengler Cup only.

But if you watch our hockey on a regular basis (and I obviously do) you cannot say the level of play was decent by NHL standards.

The game I saw was Jamie Benn's first game with Hamburg...not sure what you are saying about the level of play...I said the play was pretty decent; ie making a compliment...

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011

Endraß is one of the best goalies outside the NHL.
He was MVP at the WC for example.
In my opinion he would be a good NHL Goalie too if he had the chance.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
It's fun reading all the condescending posts about Mannheim. :D

And our goalie isn't really a no-name. Sure, he isn't good enough to perform in the NHL, but he did steal the show during the Worlds in 2010.

you kinda gotta shrug off these homer fans....

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
The game I saw was Jamie Benn's first game with Hamburg...not sure what you are saying about the level of play...I said the play was pretty decent; ie making a compliment...

I understood your post and appreciate your compliment but I can't see how a North American who is used to NHL hockey can think that DEL hockey is decent.

Sure people always talk like noone in Europe is able to play hockey at all which is ridicilous, but still ... it's such a different level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad