Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I don't see a need for that. Halttunen doesn't need to go to the AHL next season. Juniors or Finnish league would be fine for him.

I doubt so as well but they'll need additions at other spots. I'm hoping that they sign Havelid and he comes over.
It's less that I think that should happen (I haven't the foggiest idea what is best for Halttunen) and more that Wiesblatt and Sabourin wouldn't be an impediment in the slightest. If Halttunen really should be in the AHL at 19, you make room for him by dumping the older guys without a future.

Reactions: NiWa and Sandisfan

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
Man, it’d be a real bummer if both Celebrini and Smith go back next year, but we’ll see. Not super inclined to trust Random Internet Guy.
I wouldn’t mind the kids maturing another year in their respective leagues. It will guarantee we will suck another year and collect more high picks. They are 17 and 18. Far from their prime years.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's less that I think that should happen (I haven't the foggiest idea what is best for Halttunen) and more that Wiesblatt and Sabourin wouldn't be an impediment in the slightest. If Halttunen really should be in the AHL at 19, you make room for him by dumping the older guys without a future.
Maybe but a player who is only shown ability to score goals at juniors and not make much of an impact anywhere else is probably not someone ready to go to the AHL yet.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I wouldn’t mind the kids maturing another year in their respective leagues. It will guarantee we will suck another year and collect more high picks. They are 17 and 18. Far from their prime years.

I think the fans need something after a year of the worst hockey I may have ever seen. I just think it’s fairly important to the franchise to have some reason for fans to come watch next season. I don’t think it’s bad for their development but I think it’s brutal for the Sharks as a team and some of the guys on it.

I do predict that if neither play that Musty makes the team.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I want them to come to the NHL but it would also allow another year for Grier to fix the D and build a supporting cast that can take advantage of both being on their ELCs. Also it would stagger Smith and Celebrini’s 2nd contracts.

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
I think the fans need something after a year of the worst hockey I may have ever seen. I just think it’s fairly important to the franchise to have some reason for fans to come watch next season. I don’t think it’s bad for their development but I think it’s brutal for the Sharks as a team and some of the guys on it.

I do predict that if neither play that Musty makes the team.
I imagine we will pick up a few players via trade and free agency that will make the team more competitive. Add to that the excitement of the new draft picks and I’m confident fans will be fine waiting a tad bit for their new sparkly players to show up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad