Player Discussion Pat Maroon

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
He talked a lot of shit when they were winning game 1, but it's just been posturing and no actual contribution on the ice.

I can't believe Sweeney wasted any assets on a fat, old, out of shape plug coming off the IL with terminal lumbago because this team was that hard up for anyone with playoff experience.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They've scored 5 goals in 3 games and we have people bitching about a 4th liner playing 9 min a night like he’s a big issue. Reminds me of Leafs fans complaining about their goalie and d group during our series when their alleged superstars didn’t do much.

He’s the least of our problems right now. Start with the top 6 forwards and top 4 defenseman and work your way down from there

they moved a 6th for him, if he was supposed to be a huge impact he’s not going for a 6th. I personally prefer to have him around because he’s not a total p***y. If they don’t re-up him then they need to replace him with other guys who aren’t total p***yes

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
They've scored 5 goals in 3 games and we have people bitching about a 4th liner playing 9 min a night like he’s a big issue. Reminds me of Leafs fans complaining about their goalie and d group during our series when their alleged superstars didn’t do much.

He’s the least of our problems right now. Start with the top 6 forwards and top 4 defenseman and work your way down from there

they moved a 6th for him, if he was supposed to be a huge impact he’s not going for a 6th. I personally prefer to have him around because he’s not a total p***y. If they don’t re-up him then they need to replace him with other guys who aren’t total p***yes

Plenty of time to complain about everyone who deserves criticisim.

For example I'm doing some of my best HF work complaining about Pavel Zacha, a tangible representation of "despair."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LSCII and CDJ

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
still waiting for him to catch up to the play...
True story. Dude is zero value. Actually a net negative on the ice bc of his lack of speed and fitness level.

You’re missing the entire point my friend. Their top 6 forwards aren’t really top 6 guys. Aside from Pasta and Marchand, the rest are 3rd liners that are being badly exposed due to matchups and level of competition.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
True story. Dude is zero value. Actually a net negative on the ice bc of his lack of speed and fitness level.

You’re missing the entire point my friend. Their top 6 forwards aren’t really top 6 guys. Aside from Pasta and Marchand, the rest are 3rd liners that are being badly exposed due to matchups and level of competition.
Fair but even then I’d still expect more bang coming from them playing 16 min a night as opposed to a goon playing 8 min a night, and the lack of scoring bang has been the biggest issue imo

Reactions: LSCII

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I think Maroons been fine. He’s slow but he’s still strong and follows through on his hits. He’s got more goals this year than Zacha.

He’s got the gamesmanship of a playoff warrior.

He just is what he is at this point. I’m not sure what you all expected out of him.

Reactions: LSCII and CDJ

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
This was pretty predictable but he's skating in mud. Can't do the one thing we need him to.

I talked to someone on here who thought he'd raise his level of play but he just don't got it no mo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad