Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

NashtoNowitzki

Jan 8, 2019
This may be short-sighted but I’d trade Skinner for a late 1st if there was a desperate team out there aka Toronto. Then I would use the 1st and another piece to rid ourselves of Campbell.

I’d rather start over from scratch (or with Pickard) than run with those 2 guys again
I don't think there is a team in the world that would give up that much for someone who is demonstrably not a good goalie.

Other than Ken Holland.

I don't think it necessarily has to impact his speed and mobility, but like... It's clear to me he has awful speed and mobility and he should be looking to do literally anything to improve it. If that means dropping weight, he should try it.

I think that's an offseason thing though more than a in the middle of the playoffs thing. Need time to drop enough weight for it to matter without causing performance issues. A severe enough deficit to cause enough weight loss to impact his mobility would come at large decreases to reaction time and endurance in the short term which isn't ideal.

I'd also note that latest sports physiology has largely debunked that mass is correlated with speed. Depends largely on what kind of muscle fibres you're composed of and in what areas relative to the mechanism of motion. Hence why line backers now a days are approaching 400 lbs and still are elite sprinters in the NFL.

That being said... I am a little skeptical that Skinner's body composition is so different from basically every successful goaltender ever. Feels wasteful and superfluous at best to maintain that much muscle, even if it's not actively harmful.
Linebackers aren't even 300...

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
This is over the top, no chance they're leaving Skinner out of that on purpose. They showed a similar clip when they scored and Pickard was on the bench and he just reached out and patted a few guys including training staff. The video looks bad but Mcdavid isn't leaving him out on purpose.

And I've been wanting Pickard to start all playoffs. Yeah you feel bad for Skinner but I also believe he feels some relief too.
I'm not even sure why people are saying poor Skinner there.

He jumped up with everyone else when the goal was scored, and ended up sitting on the boards banging them in support.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Yup. "Not a superstar" even though he has one of the best PPG in the playoffs of all time

Not to mention his regular season accolades. Draisaitl dunks on any Canuck in their team's history, no doubt

If Draisaitl keeps it up he'll have as many playoff points as both Sedin's combined in another two playoff runs.

Reactions: JordanGalhanth

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I like the scare quotes around superstar. Draisaitl would be the best player in Canuck history.

Late to party here but with all due respect to the Sedins, Bure, and of course Orland Kurtenbach with Harold Snepts (Ha!!!) I agree. He would be the best they've ever had.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..

Love the bench's reaction

GLyD9ktXUAADM0F.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad