News Article: NYI lockout riser and fallers

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I agree with most of Dominik's comments, except for Reinhart. I don't see a reason for concern.

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/201...w-york-islanders-risers-and-fallers?ref=yahoo
Lockout Stock: New York Islanders Risers and Fallers
By Dominik on Dec 13, 7:01a

Complications
Griffin Reinhart - Perhaps an unfair selection for this category, as Reinhart started off the year by being named Edmonton's captain. He's still playing quite well for the Oil Kings, but the disappointment comes in his offensive production (14 points in 31 games), which hasn't grown the way you'd hope.

That said, he's on a stacked blueline with a very strong top four, and none of them are lighting up the score sheet despite the coaching staff's plea for them to contribute more on that side of the ledger. Reinhart's doing fine; it's just a question of how fine an NHL defenseman he'll be.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
From all reports I have read There is no need to panic about Reinhart's lack of offensive production. By all accounts he is dominating physcally and shuting down all opposing fowards in the dub. Also EDM just started to use him on the 1st PP unit and he has a BOMB from the point and has started to score. Im not worried about the Big Griff

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
From all reports I have read There is no need to panic about Reinhart's lack of offensive production. By all accounts he is dominating physcally and shuting down all opposing fowards in the dub. Also EDM just started to use him on the 1st PP unit and he has a BOMB from the point and has started to score. Im not worried about the Big Griff

Plus, what is the kid? 18?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I've watched Reinhart on TV a few weeks back and you can clearly tell he has better offensive skills than what his stats suggest.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
So did KJ.....wanna chastise KJ's offensive skill when he's playing SMART hockey and not taking unnecessary risks on offense? All I've heard is big, smart and reliable about Reinhart.

There's far more to hockey than stats, folks.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
So did KJ.....wanna chastise KJ's offensive skill when he's playing SMART hockey and not taking unnecessary risks on offense? All I've heard is big, smart and reliable about Reinhart.

There's far more to hockey than stats, folks.

watched a lot of hockey in my life - all I see when I watch Reinhart is the best player on the ice, the biggest body, smart with and without the puck, great instincts, low risk player, very good offensive skills.

He could be more physical. Yup. He could have more points if he jumped into the play more, rushed the puck more. Yup.

But if you're disappointed with his play, I'd say you're not watching closely enough.

Contrast that to Ryan Murphy who's spectacular with the puck. Morgan Rielly as well, he's going to have a very good tournament. Higher risk players though who will have some trouble in the NHL where players are so much bigger and faster that you pay for mistakes when trying to do too much.

Not suggesting Rielly/Murphy won't be good NHLers, but Reinhart, in my opinion, is as surefire as you can be for a young defenseman. He'll need some time (see: Hedman) since the NHL game is just really tough to play defense, but at this time, the Isles got themselves a gem of a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad