GDT: Non-Panthers 2021 Playoffs

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
No wonder that Vasy is the best goalie in the league. Thought a beer belly would be rather a handicap than an advantage. The guy is twice the size of Price - skill is overrated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210710-155046_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210710-155046_Facebook.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 11

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
No wonder that Vasy is the best goalie in the league. Thought a beer belly would be rather a handicap than an advantage. The guy is twice the size of Price - skill is overrated.
There’s always a way to beat Goliath.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
no, that is real.

Did Andrei Vasilevskiy wear oversized equipment? An investigation into a fake controversy

there may be some distortion because of the angle but this piece ^ is silly - it's not all the angle. part of it is jersey color but another part is certainly vasy's chest protector. for whatever reason, he chooses to max it out. i'm assuming it's within the "lou" limits but, in any case, it seems reasonable that every goalie is going to have a different conception of how to play the position and how to equip oneself.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
no, that is real.

Did Andrei Vasilevskiy wear oversized equipment? An investigation into a fake controversy

there may be some distortion because of the angle but this piece ^ is silly - it's not all the angle. part of it is jersey color but another part is certainly vasy's chest protector. for whatever reason, he chooses to max it out. i'm assuming it's within the "lou" limits but, in any case, it seems reasonable that every goalie is going to have a different conception of how to play the position and how to equip oneself.

Well, that is Vasilevsky's right. People are acting like this is still 90's equipment rules. A 6'0" goalie may not wear the same size protector as Vasi, but are you really gonna blame a 6'3" guy for being 6'3"? Eddie Lack, a former nhl goalie, tweeted that Vasi wears his chest protector loose while Price tucks his in. Either that, or in the handshake line Vasi untucked it. If you youtube the handshake line, you can see the moment this pic was taken, but in the vid, it looks a lot less outrageous. This is just camera tricks. There's another pic from a different angle of them shaking hands and they look the exact same size. This pic was taken and posted with the sole intention of creating a false narrative. It's a total non-story.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Well, that is Vasilevsky's right. People are acting like this is still 90's equipment rules. A 6'0" goalie may not wear the same size protector as Vasi, but are you really gonna blame a 6'3" guy for being 6'3"? Eddie Lack, a former nhl goalie, tweeted that Vasi wears his chest protector loose while Price tucks his in. Either that, or in the handshake line Vasi untucked it. If you youtube the handshake line, you can see the moment this pic was taken, but in the vid, it looks a lot less outrageous. This is just camera tricks. There's another pic from a different angle of them shaking hands and they look the exact same size. This pic was taken and posted with the sole intention of creating a false narrative. It's a total non-story.

well, i don't agree with that. some people may be pushing that angle and perhaps even the outlet that published it or photographer is. i highly doubt it was *taken* to foment controversy.

they aren't the same size though. the other angles show one is larger/looser. the color difference makes the differences even more jarring.

anyway, i think we are saying the same thing - it wasn't an illegal chest protector that won the series.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Also rewatching the first of our games against Tampa. Man, did we take it to them in the first period. They did not look like a SC championship contender at all. Only Vasy looked better than Bob. Otherwise it was all Panthers.

I never rewatch games. But this is electrifying! Can't wait for next season! We will make the playoffs and we will have fun whether we go far or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vilam and VIMMM

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Also rewatching the first of our games against Tampa. Man, did we take it to them in the first period. They did not look like a SC championship contender at all. Only Vasy looked better than Bob. Otherwise it was all Panthers.

I never rewatch games. But this is electrifying! Can't wait for next season! We will make the playoffs and we will have fun whether we go far or not.
I was rewatching that game also. Bob was good that game. On the Kuch goal, Montour goes in the corner which wasn’t smart but when he tried to get back to the front of the net, Point interferes with him and prevents him from getting back. Montour probably doesn’t get there in time anyway but still. And man that knee on knee that Cookie took was nasty.

-ghoste

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I was rewatching that game also. Bob was good that game. On the Kuch goal, Montour goes in the corner which wasn’t smart but when he tried to get back to the front of the net, Point interferes with him and prevents him from getting back. Montour probably doesn’t get there in time anyway but still. And man that knee on knee that Cookie took was nasty.

-ghoste
Yeah, Bob was good, only one bad scene where he completely lost sight of the puck but Acc bailed him out - plus with a Bob on top of his game he would have stopped the game-deciding breakaway.

Game in general was really nasty, but good nasty. As several people pointed out, we definitely need some more size/physicality/durability in the bottom-6 and 3rd D pairing. We would have trouble going on a long PO run at a pace like this game.

Reactions: Ghoste

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad