New Head Coach search

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
" teams interested in Sheldon Keefe are prepared to wait a little bit to let him decide if he wants to coach or not this season " Friedman on Marek's show this morning
If thats the case, I think the Devils will prob leak some interest in Woodrcoft now to speed it up.

If Keefe does want to wait that long, he will take himself out of the running.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
If thats the case, I think the Devils will prob leak some interest in Woodrcoft now to speed it up.

If Keefe does want to wait that long, he will take himself out of the running.
He's probably okay with that. IF he decides to take some time away he'll be at the top of most teams lists during next season's in season firings + next summer.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
He's probably okay with that. IF he decides to take some time away he'll be at the top of most teams lists during next season's in season firings + next summer.
Oh I dont disagree. But im sure we will have told him, we will be making our hiring by X and if he isnt ready by then, then its going in a different direction.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
actually winning a cup has less to do with a coach than all the other parts. a lot of cup winners come down to who gets hot at the right time, especially the goalie. what i would attribute to a good coach is those whose teams make the playoffs consistently. that shows a lot about attitude, team structure, focus, etc etc.

I think the playoffs are harder because mistakes matter way more. It's not a 82 game season, it's a 7 game series in 4 rounds. In the regular season, when you make a mistake and lose the game, it's o well moving on. In the playoffs, that's 1 step closer to elimination. Way higher stakes.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Feels like they're deep in the Keefe waiting game. Woodcroft or Berube would have been locked up if they were the choice.

Just have to hope they don't get left holding the bag if Keefe drags things out and decides to take a different path.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We're gonna get Boudreau aren't we.
I doubt it. He's gonna be 70 years old in the middle of this coming season.

I don't think he'll ever be a head coach in the NHL again, just because of how old he is. He may get brought on by a team in other roles, but he may like doing what he's doing now (TV sometimes) better than doing something like that. I think Torts is the oldest head coach in the league right now and he's 3 years younger than Boudreau. If I'm not mistaken, Torts may be the only coach left born in the 1950s.

Rick Bowness is the same age as Bruce Boudreau and he just retired last week with I think one more year left on his deal.

This will be the second straight offseason that Bruce hasn't gotten a job, should no one pick him up. That wouldn't be too long for a guy that's 55 or even 60 to declare the end of their head coaching career in the league, though I do think it is probably long enough of a time to rule out a guy that's 70.

Reactions: Guttersniped

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
We're gonna get Boudreau aren't we.
I'd find it hard to be mad about even it if wasn't the best choice.

darn-darn-it.gif

Reactions: My3Sons

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Feels like they're deep in the Keefe waiting game. Woodcroft or Berube would have been locked up if they were the choice.

Just have to hope they don't get left holding the bag if Keefe drags things out and decides to take a different path.
It just feels like everyone is waiting for Toronto to pick a coach, or at least that's how it feels here in Canada. They report like every coach wants to go there and every other team is waiting to see who is left. LOL

Reactions: Guadana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad