HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Hockey Ops - Part 2

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
People have been throwing Plekanec's name around for a role on the team (e.g. Player Development in Europe) but I'd be curious if a guy like Streit who's been involved in hockey operations back home would be interested in working for the Habs. When Basu interviewed him for his Reinbacher story, he seemed fond on his time here.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
People have been throwing Plekanec's name around for a role on the team (e.g. Player Development in Europe) but I'd be curious if a guy like Streit who's been involved in hockey operations back home would be interested in working for the Habs. When Basu interviewed him for his Reinbacher story, he seemed fond on his time here.
Not surprising… Habs are renowned for treating their players like royalty. I’m sure signing w the Isles brought that home pretty quick..

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

What I like is having guys like Pleky and Streit in advisory scouting roles. Usually, players like this have the inside track on up coming prospects. Closer to the real action.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Not surprising… Habs are renowned for treating their players like royalty. I’m sure signing w the Isles brought that home pretty quick..

When Souray signed with Edmonton, they asked him how the Oilers could better treat their players. So Souray gave some examples from his time with Montreal. Edmonton management proceeded to call him a silver spooner.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Didn't realize that in addition to Houle, Burrows contract is also up.

With what should be a very busy off-season for Hughes and Company, I feel these would be two easy contracts to get out of the way after the season if they were wanted to be kept around. Given they are two guys from the previous regime I get the feeling they likely won't be back.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Didn't realize that in addition to Houle, Burrows contract is also up.

With what should be a very busy off-season for Hughes and Company, I feel these would be two easy contracts to get out of the way after the season if they were wanted to be kept around. Given they are two guys from the previous regime I get the feeling they likely won't be back.
Hughes said all the NHL assistant coaches were going to get new contracts. Burrows is 100% back unless he found a new gig elsewhere.

Reactions: Vachon23

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
When Souray signed with Edmonton, they asked him how the Oilers could better treat their players. So Souray gave some examples from his time with Montreal. Edmonton management proceeded to call him a silver spooner.
The best example IMO was during Covid shutdown - reports of other teams players flocking to get a glance of the 5-star food spread & training center Habs players had access to vs boxed lunches other teams provided (even large market ones)

Reactions: tazsub3

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
The Kevin Lowe Oilers were just such a blight on basically everything. the NHL, hockey, sports in general, society as a whole...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad