Player Discussion Marner

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Lot of discussion on moving on but I'm curious how many of you are confident that this will happen.
Question isn't should they? that has been beaten to death. :deadhorse

The question is a simple WILL IT HAPPEN?

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
1715009305644.jpeg

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
He's traded for a winger/center of lesser value on a way better contract.

He's very likely going to a playoff team due to the NMC.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Preferably.

And how about a great real estate market like the US. NW and Seattle...for Vince Dunn.

Win-win, Mitch.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Mitch does himself no favours with his media avails. I cannot defend this guy anymore. That was a horrible press conference.

“We are looked upon as God’s” no Mitch you couldn’t be farther off base. Many of the fans hate your guts. This guy ain’t waiving his NMC. Forget about it

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Mitch does himself no favours with his media avails. I cannot defend this guy anymore. That was a horrible press conference.

“We are looked upon as God’s” no Mitch you couldn’t be farther off base. Many of the fans hate your guts. This guy ain’t waiving his NMC. Forget about it
So that's a 'No' from you then?

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Trade for a number 1 dman would benefit this team.
But my vote is, no trade he stays but no new deal signed this year.
He is a real valued asset that has the Leafs but the short ones.
Only his agent can trade him and work out a new long term deal maybe with Dubas.

A strange way of looking at this asset is
1, trade for good value is best option
2. Play him and let him walk. Clearing his cap space is a far better option than signing him long term with nmc
3. Sit him in press box, eat the space next year.
4. Sign him short term, 1 or 2 years
5. Sign him long term and live with him for 6 more years

An accountant like Pelly would consider options 4 and 5. A hockey team guy would never consider 4 or 5.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I feel like a **** saying this but I got run off these boards after 2020 and 2021 saying he was part of the problem with our flame outs. Sucks to take vindication from seeing your team lose, but I've become petty in misery.

I will say, he is a hard worker and a nice kid, so I do wish him the very best. Nobody deserves to be criticized the way we do on him, so I do feel bad bashing the guy so much.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

Wait, did he actually say that?

Regarding the OP. I don’t think he gets moved if for now other reason than he says no. I don’t think he gets re-signed either but it’s possible

Reactions: arso40

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I voted he moves because so many people think its possible. He does hold all the cards but I think they move him if they can.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
He's not wrong. How many are hanging on and dissecting every word these guys say today?

Well I didn’t mind the rest of his press conference but Marner was asked what he thinks it means to be a Maple Leaf.

“It means the world to me, we are looked upon as Gods”

That’s the full context. He’s just bad at speaking, we all know what he meant but that’s something you say to the boys. Not media avail because it comes across as you care more about the status than actually winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad