Managerial Thread - 23/24 Season - Chelolsea

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ

Rip grande uomo.

Ah, back in the days when Serie A used to be on WNYE (some public access station in the NYC metro area), they would have a tape delayed match on Sunday mornings and Sunday afternoons they would show '90 minuto' a highlight show. The fact I remember that scene nearly 20 years later...:laugh: though in fairness Brescia at that time had an interesting side

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Fair enough. Celtic hadn't done that since 19-20, having won only the double in 21-22.
Don't forget him overcoming the anti-catholic bigotry that infests every aspect of Scottish society, including the footballing authorities who do everything in their power to prevent Celtic winning.*

*some of their fans actually believe this

Reactions: bluesfan94

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Fair enough. Celtic hadn't done that since 19-20, having won only the double in 21-22.

Who could they have put in his place? Maybe the fact that he then went to the Premier League helped in the selection, I don't know... the serious thing is if he wins :)

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Who could they have put in his place? Maybe the fact that he then went to the Premier League helped in the selection, I don't know... the serious thing is if he wins :)
Will Still, Arne Slot, Roger Schmidt, Arteta, Unai Emery, Thomas Frank, Bradley Carnell, idk I'm sure there's more around the world.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
So this award is for who the best manager is from January -September? Thats even dumber lol
The normal time-frame for the FIFA Award is August-August. It is structured to match the club season, rather than the calendar year. The normal timing of international tournaments also means that they're covered comfortably within a club season-based time frame.

They extended the timeframe last year to December so it would include the World Cup. This year they're returning it to the normal timeframe, with the August cut-off. So this is the only year it'll be January-August (unless, god forbid, we get another December World Cup).

Scaloni won Manager of the Year last year. You can sleep easy, don't worry.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The normal time-frame for the FIFA Award is August-August. They extended the timeframe last year to December so it would include the World Cup. This year they're returning it to the normal timeframe, with the August cut-off. This is the only year it'll be January-August (unless, god forbid, we get another December World Cup).

Scaloni won Manager of the Year last year. You can sleep easy, don't worry.
It would ring hallow for anyone to win it given you have the summer break in that time frame. Based on that pep should win. Not really an argument for anyone else.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He will, so you don't have a thing to worry about :)

Back to normal next year.
I wasn't worried in the slightest, hence my ignorance about when the award is given. Hell I either didnt know Scaloni already won or totally forgot. That's what happens when you support a team that wins all the other stuff is just noise.

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Think things are looking very grim for Ten Hag right now. Don't think he lasts much longer.

Wonder if they could tempt Nagelsmann?

Reactions: JPBolts

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Japan caused the sackings of Flick and today Turkey’s manager Kuntz, Montella is an early candidate for that job as he was coaching in the Turkish league recently

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad