OT: Let's talk about Movies and TV Shows, Part XXX (...how can this possibly go wrong)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Saw the Fallguy with Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt. Damn good fun movie and with not too many flaws, I would say. I would not mind if it became a franchise.
Heard that the movie is an homage to stunt actors and how they don’t get the recognition they deserve, especially when it comes to Academy Awards and getting snubbed at industry events.

Reactions: Kimota

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Heard that the movie is an homage to stunt actors and how they don’t get the recognition they deserve, especially when it comes to Academy Awards and getting snubbed at industry events.

Yea they really should make an award for that. It's trully indeed is an homage to the stunt work in general. The director of the movie is a former stuntman. It's basically a love story between a female director and a stuntman and also the star of the movie vs the stuntman. Pretty clever premise.

Reactions: Runner77

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Does anyone remember a movie where these teen girls in Montreal decided to throw a party and the Habs showed up? At least I think that's how it went. I'm thinking it was from the 70s.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I had this big smile when he and Heather showed. The old man looked good for his age too! This showed me that this director respected the original franchise. And he's got my respect for that.
Loved the little Six Million Dollar Man Easter Egg they slipped in too.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
These stunt actors must have their characters killed a ton of times.

Of course, mostly no work for them if Tom Cruise is the lead.

Reactions: Chili

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
These stunt actors must have their characters killed a ton of times.

Of course, mostly no work for them if Tom Cruise is the lead.

Tom Cruise stunt is spectacular but he wouldn't do the stunts the first guy did. He's not going to do face plants and risk damaging his livelihood. Risking his life is ok though 😀

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad