Value of: Kaliyev to Pittsburgh

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
After reading your posts in the Guentzal threads... pot meet kettle

You can't even spell his name correctly.

Kaliyev is a borderline waiver candidate, just like Daniel Sprong was back in the day. Teams don't trade 2nd round picks for struggling young players who require waivers.

• Haha
Reactions: JKG33

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Kings fans overrating their players on the main boards, a tale as old as time.
This is nonsense. Maybe besides a couple far out posters we are aware of what players on the team can bring. Its like last year when you were saying Vilardi was waiver fodder and he was a top line player this year.
Everyone told us the cost of Chychrun was Byfield and Clarke. He didnt get close to that in return.
Kaliyev has warts and he wasnt in the lineup the last half the season. His last game he played only a couple shifts the whole game and scored. It was his one shift outside the 4th line with Byfield and Dubois as linemates and he never played again.
There is a lot of upside offensively with him but his defensive zone coverage and breakouts are his weakness. He hustles and backchecks but picks up the wrong man. Its like hes lost defensively but it is not lack of hustle or a speed issue.
A Kings fan didnt even start this proposal. Fans here mosty love Kaliyev but are led to believe something happened off ice that has kept him out of the lineup.
There would be no reason to trade him away for a late pick though I wouldnt put it past Blake because hes mad Kaliyev requested a trade publicly.

I think one time I can remember a majority of Kings fans overvaluing a player was Turcotte when the Eichel talks were happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad