Player Discussion Igor Shesterkin

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
This team or this fanbase doesn't deserve Igor. We've been spoiled on great goalies for so long that they're expected to carry the entire team on their back to near perfection while the guys in front of him coast. A part of me hope he's a Ranger for life, but the other part hopes that someone like Hank talks some sense into him as a goalie in his prime that it's not all about the money, and if this team doesn't give him the support that he needs then he needs to think about himself come UFA time.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_0305.jpeg

Yeah - I’ve moved through pain and am now wallowing in anger….

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
This team or this fanbase doesn't deserve Igor. We've been spoiled on great goalies for so long that they're expected to carry the entire team on their back to near perfection while the guys in front of him coast. A part of me hope he's a Ranger for life, but the other part hopes that someone like Hank talks some sense into him as a goalie in his prime that it's not all about the money, and if this team doesn't give him the support that he needs then he needs to think about himself come UFA time.

The sad part maybe the forwards dont back check on purpose due to the fact they have always relied on their great goaltending. That has to change. Sometimes I wish we had crappy goaltending just so it would make the players work harder defensively. They are too selfish

Reactions: ReddestRum

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
There's no way I'm paying a GK that much, I dont even want to go to 8m. He's good, but folks, we've gone down that road and come up short because we didnt have the firepower or D to back him up. If our scouting/farm was producing top level forwards and defenders that were cost controlled, sure, why not, but with the club the way it is I can't do that deal.

In fact, if it were up to me, I'm trading Igor and retooling. I'm looking at what we can do over the next two years with this group and the cap the way it is, and I'm just not seeing it, better to retool early than late.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017

12m? no way 8-9 is my max....see if Sens bite with Brady as centerpiece...
I'd need Brady and Tim / Sanderson to start; we can throw in Trocheck or whatever, and it's still a steep ask, but Igor at peak value and on a very reasonable contract for another year.

There's no way I'm paying a GK that much, I dont even want to go to 8m. He's good, but folks, we've gone down that road and come up short because we didnt have the firepower or D to back him up. If our scouting/farm was producing top level forwards and defenders that were cost controlled, sure, why not, but with the club the way it is I can't do that deal.

In fact, if it were up to me, I'm trading Igor and retooling. I'm looking at what we can do over the next two years with this group and the cap the way it is, and I'm just not seeing it, better to retool early than late.
Sell at peak value if you're not going to win it all. You don't wait for a crap contract or a decline.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Igor was a sieve the first half of the season. I love him, but I have no interest in having our goalie be our highest paid player again. It’s a losing recipe.

Reactions: Atax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad