OT - NO POLITICS Happy New Year, Days Getting Longer, Warmer Weather, Kenan, Oh Boy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I ended up with 30.25 inches.

I live in a weird pocket on the Abington/Rockland line that always gets more than projected totals.

Did a pass with the blower Saturday from 1-3 and then another one yesterday morning. Surprisingly only took a grand total of like 5 hours over two days including shoveling and roof raking.

Did my parents house too since they were away, another 3 hours

Im exhausted, but my 2 year old had a blast in the snow, especially the high banks, so it was worth it in the end.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The Wall built in 1934 held :):thumbu:

272881687_10225228134623137_1167011158956024781_n.jpg
Cool picture

Reactions: eightspokedb

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
It probably is the alternator. I’m at the point where I don’t care I just want it fixed.

Blowing PTO for this pisses me off the most out of the situation
Yeah car troubles are the worst.

I've had an alternator go in 2 vehicles, and it's exactly like what's happening to you. Eventually gets the the point where the battery is so drained you've killed that too.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Yeah car troubles are the worst.

I've had an alternator go in 2 vehicles, and it's exactly like what's happening to you. Eventually gets the the point where the battery is so drained you've killed that too.
I'm still waiting for a jump start. Subaru just reassigned my case and AAA says they cant come until 3pm.

God this sucks

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Good news is that the dealership said we can do a new battery and then I can take it in Saturday as planned to see if it truly is the alternator.

I also bought a pair of jumper cables because I stupidly do not have any,

Reactions: sarge88

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Good news is that the dealership said we can do a new battery and then I can take it in Saturday as planned to see if it truly is the alternator.

Best bet is to spend a little $ on a jumper box for the trunk as a just in case.

They're small (about the size of a book) but more importantly they work like a charm. And you dont need another car to get going. I'd recommend whichever one you choose, just make sure it has at least 1000 amps, that way there's no question it'll start whatever vehicle you use it on.

https://www.amazon.com/Imazing-Port...p/B07T49JQBR/ref=psdc_318336011_t1_B08GYFP5JK

https://www.amazon.com/BIUBLE-Battery-Starter-12800mAh-Charge/dp/B08GYFP5JK/ref=sr_1_27?crid=18NRXQ6F737Z5&keywords=jumper+box&qid=1643648056&sprefix=jumper+box,aps,166&sr=8-27&th=1

Edit: Have them check the ground strap too. It can come loose or get corrosion where it attaches to the body, which would cause gremlins from a bad ground

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I ended up with 30.25 inches.

I live in a weird pocket on the Abington/Rockland line that always gets more than projected totals.

Did a pass with the blower Saturday from 1-3 and then another one yesterday morning. Surprisingly only took a grand total of like 5 hours over two days including shoveling and roof raking.

Did my parents house too since they were away, another 3 hours

Im exhausted, but my 2 year old had a blast in the snow, especially the high banks, so it was worth it in the end.

My mother lives by the Rockland GC, I'm about a half mile north of Whitman-Hanson highschool. If I had to guess at it, she got about a full foot less than I did. It's insane how it varies street to street

My neighbor runs a farm, and came over 3x with a brand new tractor to tackle the bulk of it. Then later on Saturday a friend of my father's came through to widen the driveway and clear the edge of the driveway once more. After the last storm we had, I decided to drop $100 GC to a steakhouse in the farmer's mailbox. I'm sure he would've come over with his tractor regardless, but damn I'm so glad I did that now.

I ended up digging out 2 cars, the back porch, stairs up to the 2nd floor, and a path out front for the mailman. Even though it was light (considering depth) it was still pretty rough on these old bones.

Tried to go sledding Sunday later in the afternoon with the kids, and they lasted 45 minutes. Too crowded, and the snow was so deep and dry that it just couldn't pack down enough to get any good speed.

All in all though, not nearly as troublesome of a storm as it could've been. I'll take it!

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Electrical issues can be a pain in the ass to track down. Hopefully it's as simple as a battery and/or alternator and you can put this one in the rear view!

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Best bet is to spend a little $ on a jumper box for the trunk as a just in case.

They're small (about the size of a book) but more importantly they work like a charm. And you dont need another car to get going. I'd recommend whichever one you choose, just make sure it has at least 1000 amps, that way there's no question it'll start whatever vehicle you use it on.

https://www.amazon.com/Imazing-Port...p/B07T49JQBR/ref=psdc_318336011_t1_B08GYFP5JK

https://www.amazon.com/BIUBLE-Battery-Starter-12800mAh-Charge/dp/B08GYFP5JK/ref=sr_1_27?crid=18NRXQ6F737Z5&keywords=jumper+box&qid=1643648056&sprefix=jumper+box,aps,166&sr=8-27&th=1
I am already looking into one so thank you for these links and the tip on the amps. Of all weeks for this to happen it would be the week I have 2 appointments I can't miss.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
My mother lives by the Rockland GC, I'm about a half mile north of Whitman-Hanson highschool. If I had to guess at it, she got about a full foot less than I did. It's insane how it varies street to street

My neighbor runs a farm, and came over 3x with a brand new tractor to tackle the bulk of it. Then later on Saturday a friend of my father's came through to widen the driveway and clear the edge of the driveway once more. After the last storm we had, I decided to drop $100 GC to a steakhouse in the farmer's mailbox. I'm sure he would've come over with his tractor regardless, but damn I'm so glad I did that now.

I ended up digging out 2 cars, the back porch, stairs up to the 2nd floor, and a path out front for the mailman. Even though it was light (considering depth) it was still pretty rough on these old bones.

Tried to go sledding Sunday later in the afternoon with the kids, and they lasted 45 minutes. Too crowded, and the snow was so deep and dry that it just couldn't pack down enough to get any good speed.

All in all though, not nearly as troublesome of a storm as it could've been. I'll take it!
Yeah it's crazy how much variance this storm had even in a close radius. My parents are in Milton and got like 18 inches.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Yeah it's crazy how much variance this storm had even in a close radius. My parents are in Milton and got like 18 inches.
I drove to Quincy to the dealership and there is definitely more snow than what I got. It seems that sidewalks were an afterthought sadly. Hopefully with the melt and continued clean up they will get cleared.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Just went outside for the first time since the storm, expecting to dig my Jeep out of a plowed in/drifted on snow mountain. I don't know if it was the wind or the condo grounds keepers, but it is perfectly clean. I'm thanking the universe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad