Rumor: Habs interested in Maxim Tsyplakov (upd: signed with the Islanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Let's call him Cakes

get-out-hubert.gif

Reactions: FloJack

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yeah but directly comparing team mates is a good indicator that he possibly won't translate. Especially when that team mate was a 20 point NHLer and is responsible for all of his production.

If that is the case then nobody should ever sign anybody from Europe....some players are more suited to the NHL game and that does not necessarily show up in the stats.

I am not for or against this signing but if KH thinks it is worth the investment then I am in.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
A buddy for Demidov after we draft him this summer.
Demidov still has another year in Russia and Tsyplakov can't get anything but a 1 year ELC contract and if he doesn't fit, I doubt he gets extended.

If the Habs want a buddy for Demidov, they have a few Russian prospects who are either already available to come over or at the same time as Demidov.

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
Hughes : Hey Maxim! We want you to come over! We feel like you would fit well with our team and you're going to have Ivan joining you soon so you won't feel alone!

Maxim : Sounds good to me!! Where do I sign!?

P.s : Hughes : Ush ush on Ivan though..we want this to be a surprise for the fans!

Back to the real world! 😅

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Expectations has to be low people. Nikolai Goldobin, not good enough to have his place in the NHL, playing on the same team, finished with twice the number of points than him.

Late bloomers happens, especially big guys, he does have skills, and once in a while an 'older' Euro league player may adapt nicely to the NHL style. And I like those out of nowhere signatures.

That said, who's the last one who did anything at all for us... Diaz ? I don't remember any noticeable forwards, except their hype, like Lahti, Enqvist and Sekac...

I don't expect too much personally either, but I hope he does well if he signs with us, we deserve to have one after decades of failures.

Reactions: donghabs98

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Would have pass. Don’t need any more bottom 6 winger that brings the same old.

Would have prefer Tuch.

His signing doesn't hold Tuch back, both can potentially end up spending time in the NHL next year.

He's got size, can skate and isn't afraid to get physical.. he brings a different dimension. We've lacked guys like that in our bottom six and we've been stuck playing guys like Pearson, Ylonen, RHP, White etc who provide nothing.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
His signing doesn't hold Tuch back, both can potentially end up spending time in the NHL next year.

He's got size, can skate and isn't afraid to get physical.. he brings a different dimension. We've lacked guys like that in our bottom six and we've been stuck playing guys like Pearson, Ylonen, RHP, White etc who provide nothing.
Yeah not sure how someone who has watched the Habs the last few years thinks we have too many big physical players with some offensive potential in the bottom 6. Are we that quick to forget we’ve given a lot of games to players like Chris Tierney and Mitchell Stephens?

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I really think it’s waste of a contract spot.

Anyway, proove me wrong Sekac 2.0

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I tend to agree that this is a waste of a contract spot.
Sekac was brought in another era. We have the development squad now in place. and given how much hes been progressing, its worth a shot. lets give him a half season at least to see what he can do. If he's descent, he can at least help out with some of the other young russians we have already drafted and maybe one that we will soon

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad