Other Sports: Golf Thread - Majors Draft 2023

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I just got back from a quick simulator session. The place had a cool special where you put in 10 bucks, randomly assigned a tour pro and play the back 9 at Valhalla on the simulator. You couple your score with the pro's best score throughout the week.

I entered and got Shane Lowry, which is pretty good. They had the entire field in there, so there are some stinker choices... I ended up shooting 5 over on the simulator --two doubles and one bogey. 6 pars.

They had this auto putt thing where you basically had to stick it to ~4' on every approach shot otherwise it was an automatic two-putt. I can never chip on the simulators, it's not a strong point in my game anyways, but I just don't know how hard to hit it. On the doubles, I missed the green with the approach, and had to chip twice because both times I over shot the landing spot.
Bit of an update. Lowry went 6 under on the front 9 on Saturday. I ended up winning the special..Not many joined in, I only ended up winning 50 bucks, but it's still pretty cool.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad