Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
For a team built for the post season, it’s striking the lack of commentary about them since the 5 game exit.

For months we were told that the evaluation of this team could never be truly made until the post season.

Now that the post season came quicker than any koolaid addict expected, the script has flipped quickly to the draft or mostly just plain silence.

What happened to game 83? Where is the evaluation on the plan to make all your decisions in the previous summer?

My guess is that the bullshit has run its course through all the paid and unpaid sycophants. Now they struggle to come up with any big questions facing this team because they can’t come up with a bunch of distractions to feed the fewer and fewer fans who have the good faith to believe in management.

One day everyone will recognize that if Rob Blake is the best you can do for a manager, then you’re dealing with a low ceiling situation.

"just wait"

"let them cook"

"evaluate them on the playoffs"

is now

"we scored more goals and gave up fewer goals in the season" = success

"wait for PLD in game 83" = ignore his terrible metrics, being 2nd worst player to Englund

Just a whole lot of "hey look over here" bullshit and how dare you question mes

f*** this org

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
"just wait"

"let them cook"

"evaluate them on the playoffs"

is now

"we scored more goals and gave up fewer goals in the season" = success

"wait for PLD in game 83" = ignore his terrible metrics, being 2nd worst player to Englund

Just a whole lot of "hey look over here" bullshit and how dare you question mes

f*** this org
The pre-deano culture has sunk in here without a moment’s hesitation.

Record timed run back to mediocrity.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
For a team built for the post season, it’s striking the lack of commentary about them since the 5 game exit.

For months we were told that the evaluation of this team could never be truly made until the post season.

Now that the post season came quicker than any koolaid addict expected, the script has flipped quickly to the draft or mostly just plain silence.

What happened to game 83? Where is the evaluation on the plan to make all your decisions in the previous summer?

My guess is that the bullshit has run its course through all the paid and unpaid sycophants. Now they struggle to come up with any big questions facing this team because they can’t come up with a bunch of distractions to feed the fewer and fewer fans who have the good faith to believe in management.

One day everyone will recognize that if Rob Blake is the best you can do for a manager, then you’re dealing with a low ceiling situation.
Was this really the consensus going into the season? I mean I hardly watched the Kings the past decade, and I looked at this roster at the beginning of the season and thought, we’d be good enough to sneak into the playoffs but wont be able to handle deep waters in the playoffs. Like I said on another thread, this team just doesn’t have “it”. No warrior mentality.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Was this really the consensus going into the season? I mean I hardly watched the Kings the past decade, and I looked at this roster at the beginning of the season and thought, we’d be good enough to sneak into the playoffs but wont be able to handle deep waters in the playoffs. Like I said on another thread, this team just doesn’t have “it”. No warrior mentality.
I think a lot of us thought this team would smash their regular season points record, get wiped early in the playoffs, and be billed a success and validation for Blake’s decisions. Instead we got an unentertaining slog of a season from December on, got wiped early in the playoffs, and still had them billed a success and validation for Blake’s decisions.

Luc is the one who set the Cup expectations, saying that they were one of the 8-10 teams that could win a championship. Then this turned into “well any of the 16 teams can win it and also we were right there”. Next year he’ll be saying that it’s hard to make the playoffs and the Kings are right there in that group of 20 or so teams that have as good a shot as any to make a deep run.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

I’m not sure what to expect at this point. The post season press conference was done and reported on, the YouTube channels certainly have been critical (locked in yesterday were very much wanting PLD gone for example). They were very critical of the press conference too. The national media are focused on the play-offs. The team associated people are what they are.

The coaching direction is the big story because that will tell us plenty about how they ‘really’ feel things went. Someone like Berube would show they at least know a shake up is needed. Until then there is little to discuss IMO.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
LA Kings playoffs -- like a fart in the wind

Image of Man vanished like a fart in the wind.

• Haha
Reactions: Bandit and Lt Dan

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
On the 32 Thoughts pod today Friedman suggests that “there’s more going on here than yet meets the eye” re: the next coach. He thinks they’re still considering Hiller but also wonders if they want to consider Sturm for the position.

Reactions: BigBrown

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I’m not sure what to expect at this point. The post season press conference was done and reported on, the YouTube channels certainly have been critical (locked in yesterday were very much wanting PLD gone for example). They were very critical of the press conference too. The national media are focused on the play-offs. The team associated people are what they are.

The coaching direction is the big story because that will tell us plenty about how they ‘really’ feel things went. Someone like Berube would show they at least know a shake up is needed. Until then there is little to discuss IMO.
I think that folks who follow those bloggers were hoping for some sort of grand mea culpa due to the dismissive tone of the criticisms throughout the year. Of course, they have no obligation to provide one, so it's up to the individual to decide whether or not to continue to follow them.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC

The Hockey Royalty guys are putting out a report card episode tonight.

I think we should read / hear more like this from other Kings media folks.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
According to the Mayor, it sounds like Aatu Jamsen is getting an ELC as soon as he clears medicals. He is a big long shot but I like his game a lot and hope he can succeed in the AHL/NHL.
Maybe not as long of a shot as you'd think. Based on his production profile, he's got about a 50/50 chance of making it as an NHLer. Not sure if he's bulked up anymore past that 157.
1715798470836.png

Reactions: Telos

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Maybe not as long of a shot as you'd think. Based on his production profile, he's got about a 50/50 chance of making it as an NHLer. Not sure if he's bulked up anymore past that 157.
View attachment 871269
Aatu Deetoo!

The Hockey Royalty guys are putting out a report card episode tonight.

I think we should read / hear more like this from other Kings media folks.
Russell "the Love Muscle" Morgan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mayor cheese

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Aatu Deetoo!

Russell "the Love Muscle" Morgan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mayor cheese
There’s something to be said about not living on your knees.

• Haha
Reactions: Lt Dan

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Except for the fact that he is an official partner with LA Kings Insider. That automatically wipes out any semblance of objectivity and underscores a direct tie to the org.

If anyone wonders how out of touch management is with their fan base... They now add effen Mayor to LA Kings insider? Now I cannot even use that website for information anymore. What a joke

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
If anyone wonders how out of touch management is with their fan base... They now add effen Mayor to LA Kings insider? Now I cannot even use that website for information anymore. What a joke
to be fair, that was in 2021 so it's not exactly news. that was right after they chucked rosen, so..

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I know it shocks some of you, but Hoven doesn't exist to parrot what the org tells him to.
His actions and his literal comments on his show say otherwise. I believe it was his most recent podcast where he implied that if he went negative about the Kings that he would lose access and fans would lose insider info, that is not a normal way for a team/media relationship to be. But then again with their actions towards certain media members it's clear that the Kings under Luc and Blake have no desire to have a traditional media set-up.

Furthermore, the ridiculous unprofessional interview last summer where Yannetti told multiple blatant unchecked lies on Hoven's podcast, in particular that "We have always done it this way, slow cooking brought us two Stanley Cups". Anyone who has been a fan of this team through that era knows that was a lie, Yannetti knew it was a lie, Hoven knew it was a lie, Bernstein knew it was a lie, I knew it was a lie, you knew it was a lie, and not a thing was said at the time or since then to point out that the Kings Director of Scouting spewed BS on his podcast. Now if you want to say that Hoven didn't want to step on any toes by calling out the lies in real-time (despite hyping Yannetti as such an honest straight shooter) you can take that angle, but he has on multiple occasions amplified those lies on subsequent future podcasts, saying things like "You heard it here from Yank, Kings fans, the way they are handling youth now is exactly the same way they did under Lombardi, and that brought two Stanley Cups". That is indeed parroting the lies of the organization, I just don't see how anyone could say otherwise.

Compare it to when Surfin Muzz went on ATKM and told an equally blatant whopper lie about AHL usage for all young players, while the lie was not checked at the time, at least the host(s) of that podcast do not continue to amplify and parrot the lies of members of the organization, that is why people come at Hoven and Bernstein but not Jesse. There is a level of professionalism on ATKM that is completely non-existent on Hoven's podcast.

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
It's his reward for being a "company man"

In reality it should be Russell Morgan, Austin Stanovich,or Leib Menter from Twitter.
From here they should have grabbed @Ziggy Stardust , @King'sPawn or @Trash Panda but they take no prisoners. Especially Trash Panda

1715807065531.png

Reactions: KINGS17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad