Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
4 OA - Hickey (waivers - no assets returned)
5 OA - Turcotte (time is a tickin'... 1 concussion away from hanging it up)
11 OA - Tukonen (traded for Clune... lol)
13 OA - Tuebert (hey at least the trade returned Pennercakes)
22 OA - Bjornfot (waivers - no assets returned)
33 OA - Kaliyev (Blake tanked his value by only playing a handful of games)
41 OA - JAD (waivers - no assets returned)

Which NHL teams have drafted the best and worst since 2007? Ranking 16-1

LA Kings ranked #16.

KingsDraft-1536x1092.png
Ser
wonder what Arber Xhekaj would cost from the Habs?
I threw out Kaliyev swap as I think he would excel in Montreal

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Either that or "what's your favorite arena to visit" is something Kings fans would rather have answered than why their first round picks spend more time in the AHL than any other teams do.
As someone who has seen this question more times than I care to rememeber...

There are way more fans that want the answer to that question than are even aware of the issues that you have raised.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup

There are way more fans that want the answer to that question than are even aware of the issues that you have raised.
Maybe they would be more aware of the issues Herby raises and take more interest in them if interviewers posed those questions to various front-office personnel?

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Everything going down the crapper

Comrade, are you interested or not in the summer re-education camp activities? Your fellow die hards are ready to put their dignity on the line for our eternal fathers Luc and Rob. Come be part of the family and celebrate at XMas, or voluntarily exile yourself to Siberia (aka go be a Ducks fan).

• Haha
Reactions: Herby and tny760

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016

Yea and more people like McDonalds than they do quality food and more people listen to Taylor Swift than Miles Davis. Whats that matter?
And you dont even have to choose one question or the other. You can ask both.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan

So fans who are downloading a podcast and setting aside an hour or more to listen to the Director of Player Development or the Director of Amateur Scouting talk, would rather know their favorite CHL or NCAA arenas to visit more than why the team has such an unorthodox player development strategies? Are casual fans really going through the trouble of listening to these guys talk? I know plenty of casual Kings fans back home, I would venture to say most of them have no idea who Mark Yannetti is, and only know Glen Murray as a player from two decades ago.

I used to work in media for a college football recruiting site, and most of the people who listened, called into our shows, e-mailed us were not casual fans. They were pretty well tuned into the goings on with not only our program, but our rivals as well, we had very few casual fans. I don't know, I just have a hard time believing that it's Joe from Glendora who casually follows the team who is tuning in for an hour to hear Glen Murray and Mark Yannetti talk.

Plus, I mean couldn't it be possible to ask both questions? This is why people (including now people who used to cover the team) have this view about Kings media. I know you don't like it, and fight it, but it's stuff like that why people feel that way. You said that myself and others take what they say to literally, but what are we supposed to do when they say something and there is zero follow-up questions or zero push back at all. Was the question I proposed out of line? I don't think it is, it presents facts about players in the rest of the league and then leaves the member of the organization the opportunity to address it. What happens if that question were to be asked on a podcast, would it anger the person being interviewed or the organization as a whole?

I just don't know how a question like that, in an hour long podcast is seen as unimportant or not of interest to listeners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad