Player Discussion Filip Hronek - Pt. 2

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
really not sure what a lot of you are seeing - hronek continues to be the complementary piece on one of the top three pairings in the entire league. yes, the big driver of that is his partner who is going to win the norris and has had stretches where he should be up for the hart. but does anyone really think hughes would be in that position with luke schenn or tyler myers as his partner? playing that role alone is worth about $5m, and given the upside he showed at the start of the year, i'd be pretty damn happy if we could settle mid to long term in the mid-6's to low 7's.

if we can somehow get rasmus andersson or artem zub in a trade, or dylan demelo, matt roy, or brandon montour in free agency, sure, move hronek to make it happen, either from an asset perspective or from a cap allocation perspective. i don't think any of those options are going to be canucks by september though.

and again, 34 year old chris tanev is closer in value to last year's schenn than he is to 25 year old hronek.

34 year old Chris Tanev has been shutting down Eichel and MacKinnon just FYI

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
His injury (assuming hand-related) seems to be more real than Petey's, or at least more obvious when watching him.

His passing and shooting is totally gimped, and I imagine it's messing with his psyche as well.

He's actually been okay defensively overall but in the regular season he was an important part of the 5-man o-zone cycle game but in the playoffs he keeps f***ing up the plays.

Management is probably pretty happy that he turned down their "fair" offer.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm beginning to wonder how long Hronek's career will last in Vancouver. He's an RFA this off-season.....but a UFA the year after that. It's basically the same situation Petey was in this year.

If Hronek is only willing to commit for a year and then test the UFA market, then Allvin might have no choice but to deal him sometime during the season next year.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad