GWT: Europa/Conference League - Knockouts

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Having young talent doesn't guarantee future success but it's really good at disproving the argument that you don't have young talent.
I don't think it necessarily disproves it in a context where that talent needs to be caveated.

Having guys able to win a U17 tournament =/= having a strong generation coming up.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't think it necessarily disproves it in a context where that talent needs to be caveated.

Having guys able to win a U17 tournament =/= having a strong generation coming up.

Darvich, Brunner, and Ouedraogo being amongst the top talents in their age group doesn't prove that Wirtz and Musiala are not the only impressive German prospects? How does it not. Those prospects might not amount to much in the future but they are currently very highly thought of.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Darvich, Brunner, and Ouedraogo being amongst the top talents in their age group doesn't prove that Wirtz and Musiala are not the only impressive German prospects? How does it not. Those prospects might not amount to much in the future but they are currently very highly thought of.
I wasn’t responding to your list of players, guy. I was responding to your usage of the U17 NT being good as your evidence. I actually don’t care about whether or not this crop of German prospects is good. Let’s keep the goalposts in place.

I didn’t misread a thing, your first point of evidence was U17 success and I answered that that’s a flawed metric.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I wasn’t responding to your list of players, guy. I was responding to your usage of the U17 NT being good as your evidence. I actually don’t care about whether or not this crop of German prospects is good. Let’s keep the goalposts in place.

I would appreciate it if you checked to see where the goalposts were before you took your shot next time;-)
The problem with this comment is all of the success our youth teams have had without Wirtz & Musiala...like our U17 team that just won the euros & World Cup in commanding fashion on the backs of some of the biggest talents in their age group (Darvich, Brunner, Ouedraogo)...and all of the German kids currently having success at the senior level.

Speaking of proving it on the field, I missed you during the last international break :D and why would I start being classy now? Anyone on here who knows me would tell you that that's just not my MO.

The point wasn't that they won, it was that that win was driven by the kind of elite young talents buddy likes to pretend we don't have just because he doesn't know about them.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I would appreciate it if you checked to see where the goalposts were before you took your shot ;-)

The point wasn't that they won, it was that that win was driven by the kind of elite young talents buddy likes to pretend we don't have just because he doesn't know about them.
When the first part of the first sentence is “all of the success our youth teams have had, like our U17 team” that is what is being highlighted. Your first point is the youth level wins. Which is lovely, but not a good indicator of everything. Which was my point. Which was there the posts were.

I recommend you invest in good pegs, because your net has a constant tendency to get dislodged.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When the first part of the first sentence is “all of the success our youth teams have had, like our U17 team” that is what is being highlighted. Your first point is the youth level wins. Which is lovely, but not a good indicator of everything. Which was my point. Which was there the posts were.

I recommend you invest in good pegs, because your net has a constant tendency to get dislodged.

You know this is the first time I've ever actually been offended on here and I like engaging with Evilo :laugh: You really think I'm dumb enough to think that U17 results mean anything when I've repeatedly made the point that you're trying to school me on?

Like damn dude. I always assume that you guys aren't as clueless as your posts sometimes make you seem and so try to read things carefully unless I'm just making a joke. It actually hurts a little that I can't get the same courtesy for you to even finish reading my posts.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
You know this is the first time I've ever actually been offended on here and I like engaging with Evilo :laugh: You really think I'm dumb enough to think that U17 results mean anything when I've repeatedly made the point that you're trying to school me on?

Like damn dude. I always assume that you guys aren't as clueless as your posts sometimes make you seem and so try to read things carefully unless I'm just making a joke. It actually hurts a little that I can't get the same courtesy for you to even finish reading my posts.
Everyone is so tired from the same lame EPL joke you've made for the 30,000th time that they're far too fatigued to be expected to read the entirety of the serious German NT posts you make.

Anyway, tough scene for Villa. Thought they'd boss that competition, but they can't all have West Ham's run :)

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Some season for Olympiakos…senior team in the finals of the Conference, first Greek finalists of a Euro competition since the 70s and their youth team won the UEFA Youth League tournament

The final is also in Athens though at a rival teams stadium which might be problematic

All this while the same owner is running a train wreck at Nottingham :D

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma

Seasonal ranking :nod:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

Seasonal ranking :nod:

Czechs are surprisingly high at 7th, very few people talk about them as a Top10 league in Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad