GWT: EPL - Matchweek 38

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I think everyone likely remembers it as the most negative match they've ever seen, from both sides. It was... absolutely f***ing grim.
Doesn't seem like that's the case though. Reading the posts here you'd think that City was throwing every man forward trying to win, so clearly they deserved to win the title more than us.

Reactions: maclean

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Now they've 'made history' and this season is complete

Under the assumption the 115 charges levied against City are evenly spread across the years they occured, If they were treated like Everton or Forest, a base of -3pts per charge being applied the following season, their highest finish would be 3rd, they'd have qualified for the ECL 4 times, and lost somewhere in the region of £300m in prize money/ECL qualification money, likely causing more PSR breaches.

There'd still be another 6 charges somewhere in there as well due to the number of charges not dividing equally over the seasons they occurred in.

------

On Chelsea, they've sold hotels to themselves to try and avoid a PSR breach, which they were supposed to get approval to do before adding it to the accounts, which with what's known publicly they haven't done.

Will be interesting to see how the league handles it, especailly since they removed £31m of deductions from Forest's accounts (which the EFL had previously approved) on June 2nd and expected them to make that up before June 30th.

They won't do shit.

• Wow
Reactions: AlanHUK and luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This is pathetic. Should have the PL season from now on being a competition of club accountants slapping each other with protractors and seeing who can create the most shell companies.
Yeah I mean this is a big reason I’m taking a break. Just comes down to lawyers and accountants. Not even worth it

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Of course they aren't going to do anything.

One, it's expensive.

Two, they like the money they've gotten and the revenues have increased.

So, sweep it under the rug. Maybe a fine. Move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad