Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017

Last comment I'll make on the subject in this thread since I already thought I wasn't going to elaborate but here we are.

This video sums up how I view the play. Same focus that I have on where the interference is.

Heinen interferes with his skate but my guess on the final ruling is that he had just enough time to reset and attempt a save. Or maybe they thought OEL guided Heinen into Bob, or saw OEL knock the stick out of his hands and that was the focus of Maurice’s challenge…I don’t know how it works, they seem to screw this call up a lot.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
NHL has pie on its face with the way the goaltender interference call went... Thats what happens when you do not call things the way they should be...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

If it was we could be looking at a different series.

Proud of the boys for laying it all on the line. Gotta do the same at home boys.

Last edited:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Heinen interferes with his skate but my guess on the final ruling is that he had just enough time to reset and attempt a save. Or maybe they thought OEL guided Heinen into Bob, or saw OEL knock the stick out of his hands and that was the focus of Maurice’s challenge…I don’t know how it works, they seem to screw this call up a lot.
We're lucky it was Heinen I feel like anyone else interferes a little more and gets called.

The missed call against us probably influenced it somewhat. Not enough to call the goal back regardless but still.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
You could replace Pasta with Riley Nash in this series and we wouldnt notice a difference.

I am hoping that Brad can return but I also have my doubts. Just seeing him in the tunnel "bumping" the guys, they were so careful and it seemed like he was pretty fragile. I am glad they had his jersey hanging in the locker room and that he was there with them. Concussions are no joke, but the NHL is so serious about protecting against head shots, it really shows with player "safety" and their actions.
If the NHL was serious about head shots, they would have done something about Trouba.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
It's been the better part of a day and I still have zero idea why they blew the play dead in the first. Like completely dumbfounded.

It's shit like that where I would like to see them have some sort of explanation. Literally everyone was confused.
When the official put his hand on Bob’s shoulder afterwards? Yeah, I was saying to my father going into the third that we still didn’t get an explanation for that.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
When he first played for the Bruins that is what I thought too. Still do.

PJ remains my all time favorite Bruin :heart:
We all want to see every Bruin player perform at their best. We have to remember most of us posting on here couldn't carry any player's jock on this team as far as hockey talent.
These guys are playing in the best league in the world. Still we all have passion and want to see the Bs win. Most fans are knowledgeable and understand the game for the most part and it great to see all the different points of view on these threads. :)

Last edited:

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I still liked it more when a goal was a goal without all this video review. Now a player has to constantly worry about touching the goalie and the problem is the league still does not follow the rules. It is the same with penalties, please try to follow some guidelines and be more consistent.

As soon as your team gets a goal you still have to know that their is a good chance it will be challenged and disallowed. Kills the flow of the game.

The problem is the review comes down to human interpretation and we all know how well that works.

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
His stick wasn’t impeded though it was boomeranged out of his hand
By his own player. Broadcast was too stupid to point this out.

Honestly, that type of contact by Heinen is the stuff they need to let go across the league. Sure Heinen pushes the right pad back a bit, but Bob absolutely re-establishes himself and is square to the shooter and in a "ready" position as the shot is coming before OEL launches his stick.

Screenshot_20240515-114232.png

This is right as McAvoy shoots it.

Heinen isn't touching Bob, OEL has slashed the stick out, and if that isn't established, then I don't know what is.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Honestly, that type of contact by Heinen is the stuff they need to let go across the league. Sure Heinen pushes the right pad back a bit, but Bob absolutely re-establishes himself and is square to the shooter and in a "ready" position as the shot is coming before OEL launches his stick.

View attachment 871155

Heinen isn't touching Bob, OEL has slashed the stick out, and if that isn't established, then I don't know what is.

Looking at this it appears that Heinen's left skate was in the crease. I thought that was a no-no??? :dunno:

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

View attachment 871155

Heinen is totally out of the way it’s his defense that has his stick in his way it was a good call.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
To me it looked like bob reset after contact and his focus right after goal was immediately on losing his stick which from his perspective he probably didn’t realize it wasn’t Heinen that sky hooked it out of his hand. Not focused on his skate, gesturing to ref about contact made on his skate by Heinen

Still a good move by Maurice the cooked blueberry to challenge tho because it was close and might have erased the goal worst case you kill an anemic bruins power play only down 1 up 3-1 in the series
It wasn't even close! Florida with their phony GI antics and the diving is disrespectful to the game and needs to be sent packing, this isn't European football or the NBA, real men don't dive in the NHL!

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
When the official put his hand on Bob’s shoulder afterwards? Yeah, I was saying to my father going into the third that we still didn’t get an explanation for that.
Was ridiculous
Btw the obvious nightmare for this team is our D retrieving pucks on their backhand with any Panthers within 10 feet. HO-LY.

I'd love to do a montage of how many times that situation lead to a goal against or a high danger chance against. Seems like almost every time they do the odds of a clean clear are low.

And I get it, it's the hardest play those D make. But geez louise, we have to solve for it.

And put me in the camp that loved all the icing in the 3rd. LOVED IT. Ice away. Anything but a turnover.
Lohrei is the best with #73. On rims he start his big ass wind up 5-10 feet away and juices it.

Noticed Wotherspoon do it last night.

Reactions: CrownofThornton

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Florida has had better scoring chances on the Bruins PP and has gotten momentum from them that’s the only problem,a power Play should at least provide the team on it momentum even if they don’t score.

PP’s are also extremely fickle….a terrible stretch can end in the blink of an eye with one good pass or shot.

The more the better, IMO.

Reactions: BMC and KWbruin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad