Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Glad I’m not the only one that has a working set of eyes.

You can’t make contact with the goalie in the crease. Heinen made clear contact with his stick/skate into Bobs right leg. Bob then had to move and try to reset a second or two before the shot came.

“He had enough time to reset” Hilarious. He also couldn’t keep his original position, he had to move because of Heinen taking up his original spot in the crease.

You can’t enter the crease, make contact with the goalie and take away his original position to make the save. That is a wild opinion to have

That’s goalie interference all day in my view.
That was his own player that made contact with his stick so you’re eye aren’t working

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
This is another really good point. League is wetting its pants at the thought of a team switching off 3-1 comebacks against each other in back to back years. The storylines write themselves.

So for all the conspiracy theorists out there, league should be behind Boston for the next one.

I imagine the league would be happier than a pig in shit if every series every year went 7 games

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Panthers (instead of Bruins) had 5 icings in the first 3 minutes of the game. I'm no coach so I don't know if the Bruins made adjustment or Florida just wasn't sharp. But it seemed that the Panthers went to the high lob clear an awful lot last night so maybe they were adjusting to Bruin's adjustment.

Felt like we completely flipped the script on them finally

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
That was his own player that made contact with his stick so you’re eye aren’t working

Point out 1 time where I even brought up any contact made with Bobrovskys stick.

1 time in any of my posts on this subject.

And when you realize that I never did, make an appointment with an optometrist.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This is another really good point. League is wetting its pants at the thought of a team switching off 3-1 comebacks against each other in back to back years. The storylines write themselves.

So for all the conspiracy theorists out there, league should be behind Boston for the next one.

What does that imply?

The league is hoping, or the league is taking action.

Reactions: nORRis8

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Point out 1 time where I even brought up any contact made with Bobrovskys stick.

1 time in any of my posts on this subject.

And when you realize that I never did, make an appointment with an optometrist.
That makes the reset the make or break issue. He in fact reset and got beat glove side.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I don’t get what he was doing on that play he could have put it top,corner on his for hand,but instead tries backhand five whole.It like every Bruins player was told don’t shoot high.
geekie and brazeau moves is how you beat bob in tight.
backhands. hold it until you cant anymore and deposit in the net. or just shoot for his ears
i have no clue why they are trying 5hole so much.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
That makes the reset the make or break issue. He in fact reset and got beat glove side.

And as I stated, in my opinion there was no time to reset. Contact was still being made while McAvoy was in a shooting motion.

Bob had a set position inside the crease, contact with Bob made him lose that original position. He then had to take a whole new angle on the shot because of contact with Heinen.

Thats goalie interference. Only way I would think otherwise is if the contact was incidental and it occurred outside the crease.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
And as I stated, in my opinion there was no time to reset. Contact was still being made while McAvoy was in a shooting motion.

Bob had a set position inside the crease, contact with Bob made him lose that original position. He then had to take a whole new angle on the shot because of contact with Heinen.

Thats goalie interference. Only way I would think otherwise is if the contact was incidental and it occurred outside the crease.
We aren't agreeing on this. IMO he clearly reset.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am hoping that Brad can return but I also have my doubts. Just seeing him in the tunnel "bumping" the guys, they were so careful and it seemed like he was pretty fragile. I am glad they had his jersey hanging in the locker room and that he was there with them. Concussions are no joke, but the NHL is so serious about protecting against head shots, it really shows with player "safety" and their actions.

troubbble

Apr 25, 2024
That’s goalie interference all day in my view.

Maybe you're right, I don't consider myself the foremost expert... But it would have looked absolutely insane for this goal to be nullified after Bennett's "good goal" the other night. Any reasonable person's interpretation would be that the officials are blatantly manipulating this series to benefit the Panthers.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Maybe you're right, I don't consider myself the foremost expert... But it would have looked absolutely insane for this goal to be nullified after Bennett's "good goal" the other night. Any reasonable person's interpretation would be that the officials are blatantly manipulating this series to benefit the Panthers.

Im just looking at it in a vaccum, thats goalie interference according to the rulebook. But in my opinion, this was the league trying to patch over their first screw up with the Bennett GI non call.

Reactions: nORRis8

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
I love the Stat Wizards on broadcasts that blurt " The Bruins are 0/25 when down 3 games to 1."

Ya. Come on! Step it up Cashman! And you to Eddie Shore! Bucyk...wake up!Sheeeeesh:thumbu:

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
My heart says " great- another game !"

My head says" damn, an additional expensive game to see Florida clinch on Garden ice"

Will I be there- you bet!.....do I think it goes seven - one can only hope for another goalie hug at home and then..,who knows.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

To me it looked like bob reset after contact and his focus right after goal was immediately on losing his stick which from his perspective he probably didn’t realize it wasn’t Heinen that sky hooked it out of his hand. Not focused on his skate, gesturing to ref about contact made on his skate by Heinen

Still a good move by Maurice the cooked blueberry to challenge tho because it was close and might have erased the goal worst case you kill an anemic bruins power play only down 1 up 3-1 in the series

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
No way Swayman will be getting 7-8 million,no way Bruins are going to have $13. Million on goalies
I get you. I wonder what Florida’s cap hit is. Doesn’t Bobrovsky get 10 mill? (I’d certainly rather be paying those two 13 million than 40+ million for Toronto’s “core four.”)

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
To me it looked like bob reset after contact and his focus right after goal was immediately on losing his stick which from his perspective he probably didn’t realize it wasn’t Heinen that sky hooked it out of his hand. Not focused on his skate, gesturing to ref about contact made on his skate by Heinen

Still a good move by Maurice the cooked blueberry to challenge tho because it was close and might have erased the goal worst case you kill an anemic bruins power play only down 1 up 3-1 in the series

Just watched the replay, I don't see Bob showing any focus on his stick. I see his hands go up like hes wondering whats going on. I don't see him motioning specifically to the stick being knocked out.

Maybe theres a different angle I haven't seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad