Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Why is this so fricken difficult.
Player A replaces player B on the ice, thus player A does not go on the ice until Player B comes off.
Isn't it that simple ? I mean, I played hockey, that's how we did it.

Florida are faster than us. We're trying to cheat the line changes to catch up to their skating.

With so little other edge between the teams, the line changes are leading to goals. I can think of 4 goals against us this series where we executed a bad line change. And last night is an example of a goal for us, on a good line change.

So these guys are trying to jump the gun and make the line changes create goals, which they do. But you live by that sword and die by that sword. If the guy coming in changes his mind or is held up. Or if the guy jumping over gets a little eager to do what Charlie did last night on the game winner (jump over and barrel into the play), you get those penalties.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I also feel like that was the best they’ve looked in the neutral zone against the panthers. Disrupted a lot more zone entries than normal and panthers didn’t get to set up nearly as much.

Panthers (instead of Bruins) had 5 icings in the first 3 minutes of the game. I'm no coach so I don't know if the Bruins made adjustment or Florida just wasn't sharp. But it seemed that the Panthers went to the high lob clear an awful lot last night so maybe they were adjusting to Bruin's adjustment.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Nice. He’s incredible, and you got to see him when he was (really) alive. 😉

Not that this is the music thread but headed to Philly tomorrow to see City and Colour, folkie/indie kind of act fronted by the lead from the hard core band Alexis on Fire. Incredible musician. Opening for the Avett Brothers, but City is the draw.

Hoping for a G7 to watch as Jimmy said “when the musics over.”
"Lover Come Back" really great song by Dallas Green.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
It’s still 2:00 where Florida is 98% less likely to score a goal of their own.
Florida has had better scoring chances on the Bruins PP and has gotten momentum from them that’s the only problem,a power Play should at least provide the team on it momentum even if they don’t score.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Referring to being overly penalized and being on pk too often especially if they end up down they’ll have to chase. That was the script for game 2 and 3
I agree with the being shorthanded that’s for sure but the Bruins power play has been terrible this series it giving Florida the best scoring chances and definitely giving them momentum.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
All the pressure is on us game 6. But lemme tell you, if we win....

The pressure on Florida game 7 in their own barn full of Bruins fans? Murderous.
I don't see it that way at all. Florida is the favorite and were up 3-1. All the pressure is on them to close it out from here on out

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Well. Well now. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I didn't post much the final 10 minutes I was so freaked out sure they'd find a way to blow the game. Heart pounding & stomach churning like a butter production line. When the final horn sounded I let out my breath so loud you'd have thought it was a truck tire blowing up on the interstate. The adrenaline was pumping so hard it took a long time for me to relax enough to sleep. Going to have to buy another bottle of Tums too & maybe some stock in the company that produces it.

Whatever my fellow posters did you need to do again Friday. Wear the same jersey, eat the same food, whatever. Don't jinx it now.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Florida are faster than us. We're trying to cheat the line changes to catch up to their skating.

With so little other edge between the teams, the line changes are leading to goals. I can think of 4 goals against us this series where we executed a bad line change. And last night is an example of a goal for us, on a good line change.

So these guys are trying to jump the gun and make the line changes create goals, which they do. But you live by that sword and die by that sword. If the guy coming in changes his mind or is held up. Or if the guy jumping over gets a little eager to do what Charlie did last night on the game winner (jump over and barrel into the play), you get those penalties.
Don't forget most situations are matchups, guys are specifically out against other lines. Add both coaches line juggling to the mix causing quick confusion and it happens.
Agreed WAY too much, but its more complicated than just 2LW coming off and 3LW jumping on.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Last night was the calmest I've been in years, maybe call it the Swayman effect. Never mind the Refs, the cheap shots, the shots on goal, the bizarre banter of "The Bruins aren't trying hard", "Pasta's a putz" etc. etc. etc. If anyone can steal a game it's Swayman, so I just sat there watching attempted larceny for 60 mins. This team of castaways and wanna B's are still playing, while the million dollar men in Toronto are watching from their yachts. And the teams from Tampa, Winnipeg and the defending Cup champs Vegas, all of whom loaded up much more than our misfit, rag tag bunch did. Yet we still had a game to play. And Swayman's syndicate left Sunrise still standing. And come Friday expect nothing less because we got Sway and Friday's pay day.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Because of how many different players it's happening to. I'd believe it was the players if it was ALWAYS the same guys. But now we've seen this happen to so many different guys making the error.

That leads me to believe the combo of line juggling and the way Monty is trying to execute his changes is messing with them.

That's fair.

Still, these are the highest-level professional players. They should be able to handle it.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Well. Well now. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I didn't post much the final 10 minutes I was so freaked out sure they'd find a way to blow the game. Heart pounding & stomach churning like a butter production line. When the final horn sounded I let out my breath so loud you'd have thought it was a truck tire blowing up on the interstate. The adrenaline was pumping so hard it took a long time for me to relax enough to sleep. Going to have to buy another bottle of Tums too & maybe some stock in the company that produces it.

Whatever my fellow posters did you need to do again Friday. Wear the same jersey, eat the same food, whatever. Don't jinx it now.

I played a video game and kept about 25% of my left eye on my ipad where I was streaming. I may regret that in the end but felt I needed to change it up to give them a chance to win :laugh:

Reactions: BMC

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

hes gotta be done. Wasnt he out cold on contact with bennetts punch? Sure looked that way. He went down limp.
Getting rabbit punched in the temple at high speed by a scumbag will do that to you.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Nice. He’s incredible, and you got to see him when he was (really) alive. 😉

Not that this is the music thread but headed to Philly tomorrow to see City and Colour, folkie/indie kind of act fronted by the lead from the hard core band Alexis on Fire. Incredible musician. Opening for the Avett Brothers, but City is the draw.

Hoping for a G7 to watch as Jimmy said “when the musics over.”
Not to derail the thread but I got to see his band Alexisonfire years ago. Quite different than his City and Colour stuff and probably not many people’s cup of tea here but they are very talented. Three members were 17 when they released their first album.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad