Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
What's with all the too many men penalties? I've never seen anything like it, seems they get one nearly every game

Reactions: bobbyorr04

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
How hurt is Boqvist? I'd like him back in.

Btw the idea to shoot from all angles last night was refreshing. We're eventually going to get puck luck you'd think on a tip.

And yeah at this point the too many men stuff is coaching. These are the best in the world. There's no other explanation.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Love Neil Young

Saw him at Great Woods in 90’s and with CSNY a bunch of times

If there is a game 7 what time would it be ?

Nice. He’s incredible, and you got to see him when he was (really) alive. 😉

Not that this is the music thread but headed to Philly tomorrow to see City and Colour, folkie/indie kind of act fronted by the lead from the hard core band Alexis on Fire. Incredible musician. Opening for the Avett Brothers, but City is the draw.

Hoping for a G7 to watch as Jimmy said “when the musics over.”

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY

Btw the idea to shoot from all angles last night was refreshing. We're eventually going to get puck luck you'd think on a tip.

And yeah at this point the too many men stuff is coaching. These are the best in the world. There's no other explanation.
Why is this so fricken difficult.
Player A replaces player B on the ice, thus player A does not go on the ice until Player B comes off.
Isn't it that simple ? I mean, I played hockey, that's how we did it.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The Bruins need to stop trying to go five-hole on Bobrovsky. Shoot high, or deke him out like a rented mule!
Almost had one last night and I have no idea how it didn’t go in. You’re right, though. Going high or faking him out is what’s going to have to happen. Tough gutsy win last night, for sure.

On a side note, your avatar is one of my favorite hockey pictures of all time.

Feb 25, 2016
Good sign Florida diving so much - sign of being rattled

If it’s gets to 7 and a Bruins up in third you know this is when Tkachuk baited Lauko game 7 and dropped like shot - PP Florida and Reinhart scored

Tkachuk set up Lauko and it was a killer
I don't think it's a sign of being rattled just a strategy to win at any cost. It's like what Warren Sapp said when people called the Patriots "cheaters";

"Listen, man, I don't have any problem with Belichick and anything they are doing up there," he said. "They are winning. I believe in cheating. If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying to win."

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

▪ It was a tense 2-3 minutes on the Bruins’ bench when Charlie McAvoy’s goal, the eventual game-winner, went to review for goalie interference.

“My thoughts were, make sure you send the right message to the bench no matter what happens,” said Montgomery, asked what he was thinking during the review. “It’s, ‘Hey, we’ve got to get one on the power play, let’s just keep playing next play, next shift.’ It hasn’t been going our way. It was nice that one did.”

“Not good things,” said Coyle, asked what was running through his mind during the review. “You never know what’s going to happen and you just try to, on the bench, say that whatever happens here, we’re scoring again. And doing it the right way. You can’t dwell on anything. You just have to have the right mind-set if it goes our way, great, and if not, we’re still coming. We had to have that mind-set to overcome anything, be relentless, and no one’s going to stop.”

▪ The Panthers were caught for diving (technically, it is embellishing) when Morgan Geekie put a light cross-check on Anton Lundell late in the first period. Lundell went down like Sonny Liston. Geekie was whistled off for a cross-check, initially looking like the Bruins would have to kill a penalty, but the ref took oof Lundell for the fake job.

An animated Montgomery could be seen behind the bench later making an exaggerated diving motion when the Panthers were not whistled for another embellishment at 12:24 of the second. Bruins defenseman Mason Lohrei instead was sent to the box for hooking Eetu Luostarinen, who took a pratfall when tapped with Lohrei’s stick.

“I just think in the league, in general, embellishment is going up,” said Montgomery. “Players are getting better and better at grabbing their heads, snapping their heads back, getting hooked and going with the hook and jumping back. When I was growing up, [Philadelphia’s] Billy Barber was known the best for it and drew a lot of penalties because of it. It makes it hard on the refs because you don’t know if a guy was really high-sticked or was just trying to get a call.”

"Lundell went down like Sonny Liston."

Good one!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Please explain how this is coaching.

I don't see it.

Like you said, these are the best in the world. Changing on the fly should not be an issue. And yet the players keep screwing it up.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Please explain how this is coaching.

I don't see it.

Like you said, these are the best in the world. Changing on the fly should not be an issue. And yet the players keep screwing it up.

Because of how many different players it's happening to. I'd believe it was the players if it was ALWAYS the same guys. But now we've seen this happen to so many different guys making the error.

That leads me to believe the combo of line juggling and the way Monty is trying to execute his changes is messing with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad