Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Random thoughts

I NEVER thought the 2-1 lead after 2 would be the final score.

Boston has lost FIVE straight HOME playoff games to Florida and no team has ever done that to the Bruins in their history.

I wrote this 2 days ago

There will be a Game 7 only because the Hockey Gods want me to enjoy Fort Lauderdale Airport 2 more times

View attachment 871065

God bless you Kevin for taking one for the team and suffering Fort Lauderdale for the sake of our beloved Bruins. We appreciate it! :D

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
1715764781571.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Mione134 - new survivor

There is only one thing I want right now - WIN GAME 6 AT HOME I heard from several STHs that their credit cards were hit for Game 6 shortly after the game ended. :lol:

Meanwhile, WSVN's sports anchor blathered the NHL wanted a Game 6 in Boston to keep Jeremy Jacobs happy. no problem we have won 5 straight playoff games at TD Garden.

1715764607461.png

BTW if Channel 7 in Miami looks a lot like Channel 7 in Boston it is because the same family owns both.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
NHL seemed to “fix” the Bennett GI with the Heinen non call.

As a fan I’ll take it but it just speaks to the overall issue with how the league runs things imo.

Doubt the bruins can win 2 more games playing the same way but at least we are guaranteed 1 more game to watch
Not even close to goalie interference although you wish it was

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I'm not making any predictions but it is interesting that Sway made the same type of remarks that Tkachuk made when they were down 3-1 last year.

I hope Tkachuk did injure himself, he was invisible for most of the game. The diving motion by Monty was pure gold - he is much more flexible than I imagined.

The extra day will help the Bruins, stay in a hotel on Thursday night. Black-eyed Charlie was a leader last night - took the game by the throat. Amazing how a more fairly officiated game ended up being a win for the Bruins. I'm still pissed about the goal taken away in game 4, Bruins could have the lead right now.

Fingers crossed for Marchy to be back, an extra day helps the possibility. Hoping Tkachuk is hurting bad.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Bear in mind that the Panthers went to the finals last year, they got a nice break before playing the Bruins while the Bruins have played every other day. Maybe, just maybe, the Panthers are running out of gas now. I don't know but I am grateful for the effort last night that forced a Game 6.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Why Jim Montgomery had a wildly animated night behind Bruins bench in Game 5 https://985thesportshub.com/2024/05...animated-night-behind-bruins-bench-in-game-5/

The performances from Montgomery were honestly nothing short of electric. Like, just absolutely unhinged (in the best possible way) by 2024 NHL head coaching standards kind of stuff.

Montgomery’s one-man show began when Bruins defenseman Mason Lohrei was whistled for a hook against the Panthers’ Eetu Luostarinen.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Why Jim Montgomery had a wildly animated night behind Bruins bench in Game 5 https://985thesportshub.com/2024/05...animated-night-behind-bruins-bench-in-game-5/

The performances from Montgomery were honestly nothing short of electric. Like, just absolutely unhinged (in the best possible way) by 2024 NHL head coaching standards kind of stuff.

Montgomery’s one-man show began when Bruins defenseman Mason Lohrei was whistled for a hook against the Panthers’ Eetu Luostarinen.
That was fabulous.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Unhinged and electric are perfect ways to describe it haha I was dying laughing

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad