Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - YOU BET WE'RE ALIVE!!!!!! Game 6 FRIDAY 7 PM at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Was nearly sure we'd win this one. It's this home game Friday where our demons tend to pop up.

Look, if someone can bury a breakaway or a slot shot, we can win this series. But someone has to want to bury these chances in big moments.
I think some of the players are having flashbacks of shoot-outs ....where the Bruins often struggle

Next breakaway make a quick fake shot and deke around Bob...he will 100% bite on the fake, and leave a wide-open net

..but please don't miss

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Stay in a hotel, practice at the Garden, bring Chara to the practice before game day and the Garden the night of, literally no one can wave that banner higher. Play simple in the first and faster in the 2nd. Watch clips of Vegas’ 9 goal domination in the SCF last year and say that’s the losing team that’s waiting for you in game 7 if you take this. I think I like our chances.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Imagine if we returned the favor on them and they blew a 3-1 lead?

The Bruins never have overcome the 3-1 deficit but I remember them coming close before. In 2009 they took Carolina to seven after falling behind 3-1, before barely losing in OT. Also in 2008 against Montreal, though that team ran out of steam and got murdered in game 7.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Well I was wrong about last night being the end of this round for the Bruins. I thought reality was going to kick in. Now they play game 6 and win and create a game 7 Round 2.

We shall see. Of course I hope it keeps going but realistically....

We shall see on Thursday.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Maroon is slower than a steam locomotive from the 1800's

..without steam

1715750345123.png

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
worked late, missed the game, just saw some highlights. Man, they HAVE to have gotten the too many men shit out of their system for a couple games. Jesus.

Sway is the man

Well I was wrong about last night being the end of this round for the Bruins. I thought reality was going to kick in. Now they play game 6 and win and create a game 7 Round 2.

We shall see. Of course I hope it keeps going but realistically....

We shall see on Thursday.
Game 6 is Friday

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Random thoughts

I NEVER thought the 2-1 lead after 2 would be the final score.

Boston has lost FIVE straight HOME playoff games to Florida and no team has ever done that to the Bruins in their history.

I wrote this 2 days ago

There will be a Game 7 only because the Hockey Gods want me to enjoy Fort Lauderdale Airport 2 more times

1715753408652.png

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I thought Bobrovsky was out of the crease too

..regardless, his own player may have interfered with him anyway
Heinen absolutely hits his pads with his skate going into the crease, but isn't touching Bob when the shot comes. THe actual GI happens because the FLA defender knocked Bob's stick out of his hands, clear as day.

This is the exact type of call and situation that the NHL has to allow in games/reviews going forward. THere's minimal contact, but nothing from the attacking team to prevent a save.

Enough with the minor contact wiping out a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad