Dubois

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I’m just looking to see if there is anything different about his game to give us some hope that they acquire a different player wearing #80 next season.
PLD pls

IMG_6019.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Peter James Bond II

FIRE BLUCGEVIN!
Mar 5, 2015
props to whomever made the avatar...from lakingsinsider. If you're here, thanks and givng you credit.

My new slogan: FIRE BLUCGERON !

Let's see...so PLD playing with Hagel and not sure who else, but Tavares assisted on PLD's PP goal. Glad he's at least is playing for Canada, instead of being at the beach and loafing. Hoping some GM is crazier than Team BLucgeron (hey, just came to me now) and thinks they can get PLD half retained for something. Our silver of hope can be that last yr Blake said at exit presser "we still believe CAL is an NHL goalie and we have to help get him there"....3? weeks later, dealt to PHI. So just know, they can say "no, we are not buying him out"....and "he needs to be better and we plan coaching to help get that out of him" and then 3 weeks later, he's bought out (10% chance) or dealt, some retention (I'll say 25% chance)

I still think he can be a 50 point LW and make some kind of imapct on LW1 or LW2 with PP1 time. And actually get more involved. BUT, I think the Kings know that's not enough and may be moving him.

Surprise Summer 2021. Danault signed. Arvy acquired for 2, #2's.
Surprise Summer 2022. Fiala trade
Surprise Summer 2023 PLD thing...Walker, Durzi, Petersen, Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari gone in a flash.
Surprise Summer 2024? There must be something brewing....NO WAY they can just let Roy, Arvy go and just pencil in Turc, Akil and Clarke.
They now know they cannot win a round and basically going backward and the fans are now pissed...and players not happy, as Blake said.
For sure, something going down, 100%. More than a decent goalie signing / acquisition. What?

Maybe something totally deep left field, like Stamkos 3 yrs....like no way, right? Doesn't make sense and don't see that happening, But, the Iginla and Lecavalier were like that...albeit end of season things. Why would he want to come here? Right, agreed....but I bet something whacky may happen, that makes no sense...and WORSE, does not help the Kings a first round winner. Sad, if that's a goal, anyway...to win a first round. I miss the day Melrose was hired "I'm here to win the Stanley Cup" Whoa. At least he had the huevos, moxy and belief in the RIGHT GOAL. Can you imagine Melrose, Dean or Sutter say "I'm here to win the first round...and see what happens" BS. Fire Blucgeron.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lumbergh and Lt Dan

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
it kinda tilts me that this is being almost spoken into existence at this point

doubt it happens with how much LA media is pumping the "just give PLD time" line but man being stuck with 3 years of a $5M goalie sure sounds familiar. at least this one would be LTIRetirable

Reactions: King'sPawn

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
props to whomever made the avatar...from lakingsinsider. If you're here, thanks and givng you credit.

Let's see...so PLD playing with Hagel and not sure who else, but Tavares assisted on PLD's PP goal. Glad he's at least is playing for Canada, instead of being at the beach and loafing. Hoping some GM is crazier than Team BLucgeron (hey, just came to me now) and thinks they can get PLD half retained for something. Our silver of hope can be that last yr Blake said at exit presser "we still believe CAL is an NHL goalie and we have to help get him there"....3? weeks later, dealt to PHI. So just know, they can say "no, we are not buying him out"....and "he needs to be better and we plan coaching to help get that out of him" and then 3 weeks later, he's bought out (10% chance) or dealt, some retention (I'll say 25% chance)

I still think he can be a 50 point LW and make some kind of imapct on LW1 or LW2 with PP1 time. And actually get more involved. BUT, I think the Kings know that's not enough and may be moving him.

Surprise Summer 2023 PLD thing...Walker, Durzi, Petersen, Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari gone in a flash.
Surprise Summer 2024? There must be something brewing....NO WAY they can just let Roy, Arvy go and just pencil in Turc, Akil and Clarke.
They now know they cannot win a round and basically going backward and the fans are now pissed...and players not happy, as Blake said.
For sure, something going down, 100%. More than a decent goalie signing / acquisition. What?

Maybe something totally deep left field, like Stamkos 3 yrs....like no way, right? Doesn't make sense and don't see that happening, But, the Iginla and Lecavalier were like that...albeit end of season things. Why would he want to come here? Right, agreed....but I bet something whacky may happen, that makes no sense...and WORSE, does not help the Kings a first round winner. Sad, if that's a goal, anyway...to win a first round. I miss the day Melrose was hired "I'm here to win the Stanley Cup" Whoa. At least he had the huevos, moxy and belief in the RIGHT GOAL. Can you imagine Melrose, Dean or Sutter say "I'm here to win the first round...and see what happens" BS. Fire Blucgeron.
I believe the rumor that they tried to trade PLD, and I'll think they'll try and move him before his clause kicks in.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part, but if I'm Blake, and my mandate is WIN NOW, I'm looking at PLD's 8.5M cap hit and thinking I'd sure like to allocate it elsewhere.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
If you want to get rid of Dubois bad enough you dont dwell on the history.
But if Blake did this deal it would be Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari, Durzi/2nd, Walker, Grans, eating part of Provorovs salary, and Petersen traded for a guy they had signed for league minimum and gave away for nothing in Kuemper. Didnt they let him go cause he had no future with the team and they wanted to make room for Petersen who signed an entey level deal that year?
Would just be such a comical folly coming full circle.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022

I dont know who the "Geron" in Blucgeron is so I will assume you meant "Gevin" for Bergevin.
Fire both of them into a supermassive black hole at the center of a distant galaxy, then throw a party, then get back to work.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
That doesn't have much to do with PLD. They were going to have to do that anyways.
They needed to unload Petersen and Walker to afford Dubois and Gavrikov. And the domino effect is they had to scrape together enough for league minimum goaltenders. If Petersen worked out you arent thinking about trading Dubois for a goalie.
And Petersen does have something to do with Kuemper since they let Kuemper go and went with Cal as the future goalie.
It is very much all connected.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I can’t see a trade happening before the NMC kicks in, which I believe is the first week of July.

There’s too much baggage on the player for the acquiring team to take on the money (30’ish million if 50% retained) and overall risk that he isn’t a 2nd line C before he plays a single game for them.

You have better odds of finding Bigfoot than seeing Rob Blake buying out or trading Pierre.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
They needed to unload Petersen and Walker to afford Dubois and Gavrikov. And the domino effect is they had to scrape together enough for league minimum goaltenders. If Petersen worked out you arent thinking about trading Dubois for a goalie.
And Petersen does have something to do with Kuemper since they let Kuemper go and went with Cal as the future goalie.
It is very much all connected.
I'm not here to defend the PLD trade (far from), but after everyone was resigned, LA was going to be right up against the cap. It was going to be tight with or without him.

jtalton

Sep 19, 2018
I'm not here to defend the PLD trade (far from), but after everyone was resigned, LA was going to be right up against the cap. It was going to be tight with or without him.
how would they be right up against the cap? We still would have had 3 players which would have been on much more reasonable contracts that could be moved. They also could have been on shorter deals that are more manageable. The PLD trade and contract is a sh---t sandwich and there is no mental gymnastics that your brain can come up with to soften the blow. I applaud your effort though.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

absolutely, but those assets could have been used for better things including players or picks that could have reduced the cap instead. Multiple more valuable assets > one large anchor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad