Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] G David Rittich signs extension with the Kings (1 year, $1M)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I suspect that this means that they're parting ways with Copley. He can't be an option for the starter position because that'd be a worse tandem than last year and he's coming off missing most of the season, and he can't be an option to be the AHL starter because that would displace Portillo. He could maybe back up Portillo, but I don't imagine that he'd sign to be a 4th stringer when he could probably do better elsewhere, like in Utah, where his first name will remind everyone where the team came from.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
With the weak ufa goalie market, this is a smart signing. His contract is buryable if a better option comes available, and if not you have an OK backup you didn't overpay

I suspect that this means that they're parting ways with Copley. He can't be an option for the starter position because that'd be a worse tandem than last year and he's coming off missing most of the season, and he can't be an option to be the AHL starter because that would displace Portillo. He could maybe back up Portillo, but I don't imagine that he'd sign to be a 4th stringer when he could probably do better elsewhere, like in Utah, where his first name will remind everyone where the team came from.
I don't see utah signing him just because his first name is Phoenix.

If thay were a thing, the Oilers would be convincing Jack Campbell to legally change his name to 'Atlanta Campbell' and calling the Jets to make a trade :sarcasm:

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
For the life of me I can’t understand why Ingham is not the backup in Ontario. He is the clubs 2nd best goalie prospect and they have him buried in the ECHL to play some vet with no future as the backup for the Reign. Would be better for his development even if he gets less games then he does now.

Reactions: funky

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I don't see utah signing him just because his first name is Phoenix.

If thay were a thing, the Oilers would be convincing Jack Campbell to legally change his name to 'Atlanta Campbell' and calling the Jets to make a trade :sarcasm:
It was a joke. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad