Buffalo Bills Buffalo Bills 2021 offseason part 2: Draft Thurs 4/29 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Well @Rowley Birkin , I think we're at the end of the line. Only us two voted in the latest poll, so this one really will be the last. I'm including one filler section for "adds," but there won't be an extra poll, said players will just be included at the bottom in a best of the rest section. Last round results with just RB and I voting, top four off the board:

Eric Stokes: 8 points
Jabril Cox: 8 points
Levi Onwuzurike: 6 points
Trey Smith: 5 points
Jackson Carman: 2 points
Javonte Williams: 1 point

Latest rankings:

1. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida (50%)
2. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon (38%)
3. Ja'Mar Chase, WR, LSU (57% )
4. Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama (57%)
5. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama (33%)
5. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, OLB/S, Notre Dame (33%)
7. Rashawn Slater, OL, Northwestern (33%)
8. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama (50%)
8. Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina (50%)
10. Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech (43%)
11. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State (33%)
11. Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC (33%)
13. Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami(56%)
14. Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan (40%)
15. Landon Dickerson, C/G, Alabama (33%)
16. Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern (40%)
16. Christian Darrisaw, OL, Virginia Tech (40%)
18. Trevon Moehrig, S, TSU (75%)
19. Azeez Ojulari, DE, Georgia (67%)
20. Teven Jenkins, OL, Oklahoma State (22%)
20. Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama (22%)
22. Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami (43%)
23. Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson (60%)
24. Asante Samuel, CB, Florida State (50%)
25. Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa (25%)
25. Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky (25%)
25. Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State (25%)
25. Najee Harris, RB, Alabama (25%)
29. Alim McNeil, DT, NC State (43%)
30. Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue (33%)
30. Jayson Oweh, DE, Penn State (33%)
32. Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss (38%)

33. Kadarious Toney (19 points)
34. Pat Freiermuth: (10 points)
35. Quinn Meinerz: (8 points)
35. Rashod Bateman: (8 points)
35. Creed Humphry: (8 points)
38. Terrace Marshall: (7 points)
39. Dillon Radunz, OT, ND State (19 points)
40. Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse (18 points)
41. Joe Tryon, EDGE, Washington (17 points)
42. Richie Grant, S, UCF (11 points)
43. Carlos Basham, DE, Wake Forest (10 points)
44. Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia (8 points)
44. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU (8 points)
46. Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington (6 points)
47. Trey Smith, OL, Tennessee (5 points)

Here's the last poll. For anyone that may have disengaged because it got too complicated, this one is pretty simple. Five players, rank them 1-5. Last poll, oh which I'll post the final results tomorrow in advance of day 2. It's been fun, gang!

2021 HF Bills Big Board Finale

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Anytime you talk about the two Moore's you should also loop in Toney. All three of them are tiny and super fast and expected to go in the same range. It took me awhile to distinguish them, but here's where I'm at:

-Elijah is the most complete WR and it's not even close. Toney and Rondale lead the NCAA in percent of passes caught within 5 yards of the LOS, which is a big warning sign for projecting NFL success. Elijah is less gadgety and more your stereotypical super fast slot receiver. Probably the most pro ready from that perspective and the one I would prioritize as a long term Beasley replacement. He's still suepr fast, but maybe doesn't quite have the twitch of Toney or the straight line speed of Rondale.
-Toney is super gadgety yes, and has concerns about his age and how long it took him to emerge. But that said I think he's the most electric. He doesn't have the historic 40 time that Rondale boasts, but I think he's the most elusive, twitchy, best at changing directions, etc. He lined up all over the formation including inside and outside, and showed a bit of a route tree even if his route running is underdeveloped, so maybe he has a more versatile ceiling than Elijah, but in the short term I think you're looking at more of a returner and gadget guy. Think of the development curve and track of Tyreek Hill.
-Rondale has hardly played the last 2 years. His one full season was an unbelievable freshman season statistically, but again remember that even then it was a ton of usage but not a lot of hard routes. He has elite straight line speed, but he's kind of compact and almost looks more like a RB than a WR to me. I don't think he has the elusiveness of toney. Because of his elite freshman year a lot of people think he has the most potential, but I'm not so sure. He's definitely the one that scares me the most in terms of bust potential, but who knows? I think of him as more of a WR/RB hybrid than an actual RB.

All that said, I'm super late to the game on getting in on these guys. Up until like 3 weeks ago they were all the same player in my head.

I've been reading a bunch that Elijah Moore is solidifying his hold as the #4 WR to be taken (behind the Bama Two and Chase).......and will likely not make it down to "trade up" range.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I've been reading a bunch that Elijah Moore is solidifying his hold as the #4 WR to be taken (behind the Bama Two and Chase).......and will likely not make it down to "trade up" range.
I've been reading those tea leaves too. The one exception in my opinion is if the Jags go WR. Toney seems like a good connection to urban with the duel Florida connection (even though they didn't overlap at all, but still). Other than that, I think it depends what you want. Bateman strikes me as the safest, high floor boundary receiver. Some teams just won't love the idea of drafting any of these sub 5'10'' guys

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Well @Rowley Birkin , I think we're at the end of the line. Only us two voted in the latest poll, so this one really will be the last. I'm including one filler section for "adds," but there won't be an extra poll, said players will just be included at the bottom in a best of the rest section. Last round results with just RB and I voting, top four off the board:

Eric Stokes: 8 points
Jabril Cox: 8 points
Levi Onwuzurike: 6 points
Trey Smith: 5 points
Jackson Carman: 2 points
Javonte Williams: 1 point

Latest rankings:

1. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida (50%)
2. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon (38%)
3. Ja'Mar Chase, WR, LSU (57% )
4. Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama (57%)
5. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama (33%)
5. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, OLB/S, Notre Dame (33%)
7. Rashawn Slater, OL, Northwestern (33%)
8. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama (50%)
8. Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina (50%)
10. Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech (43%)
11. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State (33%)
11. Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC (33%)
13. Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami(56%)
14. Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan (40%)
15. Landon Dickerson, C/G, Alabama (33%)
16. Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern (40%)
16. Christian Darrisaw, OL, Virginia Tech (40%)
18. Trevon Moehrig, S, TSU (75%)
19. Azeez Ojulari, DE, Georgia (67%)
20. Teven Jenkins, OL, Oklahoma State (22%)
20. Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama (22%)
22. Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami (43%)
23. Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson (60%)
24. Asante Samuel, CB, Florida State (50%)
25. Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa (25%)
25. Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky (25%)
25. Wyatt Davis, G, Ohio State (25%)
25. Najee Harris, RB, Alabama (25%)
29. Alim McNeil, DT, NC State (43%)
30. Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue (33%)
30. Jayson Oweh, DE, Penn State (33%)
32. Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss (38%)

33. Kadarious Toney (19 points)
34. Pat Freiermuth: (10 points)
35. Quinn Meinerz: (8 points)
35. Rashod Bateman: (8 points)
35. Creed Humphry: (8 points)
38. Terrace Marshall: (7 points)
39. Dillon Radunz, OT, ND State (19 points)
40. Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse (18 points)
41. Joe Tryon, EDGE, Washington (17 points)
42. Richie Grant, S, UCF (11 points)
43. Carlos Basham, DE, Wake Forest (10 points)
44. Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia (8 points)
44. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU (8 points)
46. Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington (6 points)
47. Trey Smith, OL, Tennessee (5 points)

Here's the last poll. For anyone that may have disengaged because it got too complicated, this one is pretty simple. Five players, rank them 1-5. Last poll, oh which I'll post the final results tomorrow in advance of day 2. It's been fun, gang!

2021 HF Bills Big Board Finale
I went with Molden, Campbell, and then Nasirildeen, all guys I think are likely Bills second round targets. Then Carmen, then Javante who I don't think should be on the Bills board at all (Moss, Singletary redux).

Added Cisco who I don't love at this range, but is just a prospect I like a lot and want on the board.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Happy Draft Day! here is my top 50, got bored last night.

Pitts Sewell Slater Waddle ZWilson Chase JOK
Lance Phillips Horn AVT Paye
JFields Smith Davis TLaw Surtain Jenkins Moehrig
Stokes Creed Bateman Farley Barmore
1st rounders
Toney Joseph Rousseau Freiermuth
MJones Harris Eichenberg Dickerson McNeill EMoore Newsome Turner Quinn Tryon Oweh
Parsons Collins Banks Onwuzurike Browning Darrisaw Melifonwu Leatherwood McGrone Basham Ojulari

24 1st round grades then the guys after.

I would love to find a way to 3 of these players.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Guy I’ve convinced myself is going WAY earlier than everyone thinks: Eric Stokes.

forget the tape and anything else. Just consider:
-#1 corner on a good SEC team
-elite sub 4.3 40 fine
-tall
-long arms
-big wing span

Some team is falling in love with those traits. And it’s not even a pure traits based projection, he was good in college!

first round pick

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Guy I’ve convinced myself is going WAY earlier than everyone thinks: Eric Stokes.

forget the tape and anything else. Just consider:
-#1 corner on a good SEC team
-elite sub 4.3 40 fine
-tall
-long arms
-big wing span

Some team is falling in love with those traits. And it’s not even a pure traits based projection, he was good in college!

first round pick

I have him ahead of Farley and a top 24 player.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Do you have any late round guys?
Cornell Powell, WR Clemson. Late round pick, or UDFA if he goes undrafted. (some sources projecting him as a 3rd rounder.) All he's done is grow his role / improve his skills with each passing season. I don't care that he's older for his class. He's low mileage. Not tall, but positionally, IMO, a hyrbid of a threat, more possession than deep.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I started this thread when the last one crossed 40 pages. We're at 36, almost 37 pages on this one.

Given the draft tonight, and all the work put into this thread by @Husko, I propose he start a new Draft GDT thread, port over his poll / big board list and whatever other content is relevant, ask an @moderator to make it a live thread, then we close this one after the first day (leave it open to catch some extraneous posts until the start).

It's time, baby!!!!

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I think a couple things:
1. Bills’ supposed interest in Etienne is smokescreen. It’s far too telegraphed. If they move up, it’s for a defensive player.
2. If they aren’t able to trade up for their guy (guessing it’s JO-K), I think they drop back into the 2nd.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I started this thread when the last one crossed 40 pages. We're at 36, almost 37 pages on this one.

Given the draft tonight, and all the work put into this thread by @Husko, I propose he start a new Draft GDT thread, port over his poll / big board list and whatever other content is relevant, ask an @moderator to make it a live thread, then we close this one after the first day (leave it open to catch some extraneous posts until the start).

It's time, baby!!!!
Will do sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad