Around the NHL 2023-2024

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
I mean I think there's certainly a debate to be had the Blues are one of the weaker or weakest Cup winner in the modern era, but it's definitely a debate. And either way, it's a pretty pointless one. Still counts. We won. I feel like Carolina fans should be looking at our Cup run as a model for them since they're the top possession team in the league but lack the same level of superstars as most of their competitors, much like our winner.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I mean I think there's certainly a debate to be had the Blues are one of the weaker or weakest Cup winner in the modern era, but it's definitely a debate. And either way, it's a pretty pointless one. Still counts. We won. I feel like Carolina fans should be looking at our Cup run as a model for them since they're the top possession team in the league but lack the same level of superstars as most of their competitors, much like our winner.
The Blues are a good case study. They show how it can be won (albeit pretty rare approach) and also how not making the right moves and not having the right coach can prevent you from getting over the hump (ala the Backes Blues).

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I turned the Canada-Austria game on at the beginning of the third with Canada up 6-1. Binny hasn’t been sharp in the third, but he has been completely hung out to dry by his defense and it is now 6-5.

Edit: and now a giveaway in front of the net in the last minute and it is 6-6.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I turned the Canada-Austria game on at the beginning of the third with Canada up 6-1. Binny hasn’t been sharp in the third, but he has been completely hung out to dry by his defense and it is now 6-5.

Edit: and now a giveaway in front of the net in the last minute and it is 6-6.
I was able to see clips of 3 of the goals and Binnington had no chance on any of them. That was some beer league defensive structure. Turnover from Guhle at the goal line on the game tying goal, a one-timer across the slot, and another 2-on-1 bang bang passing play where the defense wasn't moving.

I'm sure his haters league-wide will take the opportunity to fully blame him for the meltdown though.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I was able to see clips of 3 of the goals and Binnington had no chance on any of them. That was some beer league defensive structure. Turnover from Guhle at the goal line on the game tying goal, a one-timer across the slot, and another 2-on-1 bang bang passing play where the defense wasn't moving.

I'm sure his haters league-wide will take the opportunity to fully blame him for the meltdown though.
You're being overly generous here. The first goal was poor rebound control, the third was a massive overplay the left the side of the net wide open.

Last edited:

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
You're being overly generous here. The first goal was poor rebound control, the third was a massive overplay the left the side of the net wide open.
The first goal I referenced, as I said in the post you quoted, was the game-tying goal. There was no rebound so I have no clue what you're talking about. Guhle made a terrible play which Rossi took in front, point blank, and buried.

Here are the other two I was referencing:

That's atrocious defense. I'm not sure how you can put much blame on Binnington on those. I haven't seen the others.

• Wow
Reactions: Blueston

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

Hmm arent Montgomery out of line saying that on public? There Will Be Blood.

I really like Montgomery but this is one of the stupidest things I think I’ve ever heard a coach say. At least out loud. To the media.

We’re here for retribution?!? Seriously? It’s one thing to say this in the locker room but now Florida will be looking to trap them into doing extra stupid things and the refs will be looking for it.

Reactions: Ranksu

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I really like Montgomery but this is one of the stupidest things I think I’ve ever heard a coach say. At least out loud. To the media.

We’re here for retribution?!? Seriously? It’s one thing to say this in the locker room but now Florida will be looking to trap them into doing extra stupid things and the refs will be looking for it.
Did he really say all this? It almost looks like fake video.

Reactions: tfriede2

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Jeesus i hot owned by AI. Other topic I saw video where ppl were interacting with chatgbt. AI she interact what every man wants to hear from The woman. IT was scary.

Now have to Be carefull what you see in internet.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
The first goal I referenced, as I said in the post you quoted, was the game-tying goal. There was no rebound so I have no clue what you're talking about. Guhle made a terrible play which Rossi took in front, point blank, and buried.

Here are the other two I was referencing:

That's atrocious defense. I'm not sure how you can put much blame on Binnington on those. I haven't seen the others.

Ah, sorry, I misread. The ones I saw were posted on the official IIHF page

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Ah, sorry, I misread. The ones I saw were posted on the official IIHF page
I finally found the others that you were talking about. I would definitely agree with you in saying he should've had the one that was dug out from his pads. He also overcommited on the other, as you said, but damn, not a defenseman in site on that one either.

Total mess on the back-end in that period.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

You're gonna pin the first goal on Binnington when the rebound went to 3 Canadian players and 1 AUT player and the 1 AUT player won the puck from 3 CAN players? The 3rd goal was a pass from the slot to a goal line one timer. How the f*** do you think playing the shooter from the slot is in anyway an over play? If he had leaned towards the left side of the net he would have been off his angle to the slot player leaving the right side wide open. Like really dude do you have any idea what you're talking about? Honest question.

here is the 1st goal where you blame it entirely on poor rebound control and ignore that Canada decided they didn't feel like playing

Here is the 3rd goal where you claim he overplayed the puck carrier in the slot

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Trent Frederic stoned by Bobo.

Cats gave up a chance after skating around like crazy people trying to control the puck.

Calm down.

Toronto awarded the BOS goal, but then directly after Boston's PP, awarded FLA a PP. (dang, i had that all f***ed up)

That was a 50/50 goalie interference call. Oh well!

I don't think Mark Messier likes PK Subban.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad