Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
But whoever we trade Ehlers for has a big cap hit, unless they aren't that good. So it doesn't quite add up I don't think. ALso since Monahan is ufa, his cap money can just be spent elsewhere, it doesn't have to be him at all
You are right, bout expensive D. Maybe Ehlers for a high 1st would have been better.
Regarding mono.
Except it can only spent it on a player who wants to be here.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Stamkos is maybe going UFA, let's sign him!

Connor - Scheif - Vilardi
Perfetti - Stamkos - Ehlers

Or maybe Chandler Stephenson?

Or if he's more affordable bringing back Monahan would be cool. It would nice to at least have the depth to not keep giving away 1st round picks for centers haha.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Stamkos is maybe going UFA, let's sign him!

Connor - Scheif - Vilardi
Perfetti - Stamkos - Ehlers

Or maybe Chandler Stephenson?

Or if he's more affordable bringing back Monahan would be cool. It would nice to at least have the depth to not keep giving away 1st round picks for centers haha.

I honestly don’t see Stamkos not retiring as a member of the Lightning. They’ll move some cap and he’ll probably take a team friendly deal to stay. He’s a Lightning lifer.

I hope he stays there. Always liked him. Have an old style Lightning Stamkos jersey.

Reactions: Buffdog

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Man I really like Monahan. He added so many things to our team we sorely needed and losing him we’re kinda back to square 1

But

In a hypothetical universe where Ehlers wants to stay with the Jets, but Monahans contract would take away his $$, what do you do?

I’d lean towards keeping Ehlers myself.

Regarding the D men situation, Dillon sounded on the Vancouver area radio station that he was happy with the Jets but is poised to hit UFA

Only way I see Dillon prioritized over DeMelo is if we can’t afford DeMelo but can afford Dillon. He did have many positives to say about the Jets and kept using the terms “us” and “our team”; “fun season” etc…I know he’s still a Jet until July 1 but it didn’t seem disingenuous at all and he did say he felt he was a big part of the team (end of season interviews). DeMelo felt similarly but if his agent is pricing him out of an extension with us then not much we can do. We can’t handicap our team’s overall competitiveness either
I’m confident the DeMelo contract gets done. He genuinely sounds like he loves his role on this team and wants to be here. Don’t think he’s going to try to gouge Chevy in negotiations.

Dillon has the characteristics and play style teams like to over pay for so I can see him having more than a few suitors and picking a place good for his family.

Reactions: roccerfeller

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Man I really like Monahan. He added so many things to our team we sorely needed and losing him we’re kinda back to square 1

But

In a hypothetical universe where Ehlers wants to stay with the Jets, but Monahans contract would take away his $$, what do you do?

I’d lean towards keeping Ehlers myself.

Regarding the D men situation, Dillon sounded on the Vancouver area radio station that he was happy with the Jets but is poised to hit UFA

Only way I see Dillon prioritized over DeMelo is if we can’t afford DeMelo but can afford Dillon. He did have many positives to say about the Jets and kept using the terms “us” and “our team”; “fun season” etc…I know he’s still a Jet until July 1 but it didn’t seem disingenuous at all and he did say he felt he was a big part of the team (end of season interviews). DeMelo felt similarly but if his agent is pricing him out of an extension with us then not much we can do. We can’t handicap our team’s overall competitiveness either
I think a guy who puts up points on the PP and win faceoffs is more valuable than zone entries...especially with some good winger depth...signing Monahan and being able to trade Ehlers for draft picks (if the Isles rumour is true maybe a 1st and 2nd this year) offers Chevy some trade capital. If the Jets re-sign De Melo I think you can get creative with some of the players you could maybe land with a high 2nd round pick to offer.

I think Dillon is going to the Coast this offseason.

Reactions: roccerfeller

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I think a guy who puts up points on the PP and win faceoffs is more valuable than zone entries...especially with some good winger depth...signing Monahan and being able to trade Ehlers for draft picks (if the Isles rumour is true maybe a 1st and 2nd this year) offers Chevy some trade capital. If the Jets re-sign De Melo I think you can get creative with some of the players you could maybe land with a high 2nd round pick to offer.

I think Dillon is going to the Coast this offseason.
I like the Ehlers for Pulock rumor...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad