Prospect Info: All-Purpose 2024 Draft Thread & Celebrini discussion (also the 14th pick and whatever else is draft related)

Who should the Sharks draft #1?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I mean both Zellweger and Hutson looked really good in their limited time last season. Those are two guys who profiled similarly to Cagnoni as prospects in recent history.
Cagnoni isn’t half as dynamic as those guys. I don’t think they’re comparable in any way but height.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Cagnoni isn’t half as dynamic as those guys. I don’t think they’re comparable in any way but height.
You also said Makar was a similar prospect to Ferraro though right?

I think it's pretty impressive for Cagnoni to put up similar stats to Zellweger in the same league and at the same age despite not being "half as dynamic".

Last edited:

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I'm not totally sure Havelid even gets signed to an ELC.

Yeah, I’m not sure. I’d like to see how he does in the AHL. He seems to have stagnated but I want to see what he can do with one more season, either in the AHL or in the SHL.

But yeah, ultimately, Muhk is really our only defensive prospect that feels like a guaranteed future NHLer at this juncture. Our defense is in a sad state.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

I think it's pretty impressive for Cagnoni to put up similar stats to Zellweger in the same league and at the same age despite not being "half as dynamic".
I’m having the strangest sense of deja vu. Didn’t this conversation already happen about Makar and Ferraro?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

No, I did not say that Makar was a similar prospect to Ferraro. I proved that I didn’t, you really have to get over this.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Every big hitter takes themselves out of position, it’s a hazard of the job. Best you can do is mitigate it by picking your spots and having a partner who can skate well and cover you. If he was a righty, he might make a good partner for Mukhamadullin, actually.

Having a modern day Dougie Murray would be pretty fun, I will admit.

Sorry this is a few days old post, but I think Murray was a great example of being a hitter and NOT getting out of position (frequently). Like, being in position despite his boots was his biggest strength (besides, like, actual strength).

To your point, he and Boyle worked well together because they covered for each other when one would make a risky play.

Having a modern day Murray would be amazing, so long as he is faster than original Murray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad