Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
It's honestly on you if you're interpreting any of that as "complaining".

It's a fact that Portland's highest drafted player next to Danielson was picked at 100th and Moose Jaw has three top 15 picks and a guy selected 35th that scored 61 goals and 126 points. Hence, probably a big part as to why the series is 3-0 Moose Jaw. Portland just doesn't measure up clearly and they are outmatched. Danielson has 6 more points than his next closest teammate this playoffs. Again, those are facts, not slights.

Judging by your lack of support for the player for whatever reason it is, makes it seem like you want him to fail just to be able to dunk on the optimists here (or rather, people that actually watch him play and follow him). :dunno:

Portland lead the WHL in goals this season by 14 and scored 33 more goals than Moose Jaw did while also allowing 24 less

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
are people here really complaining about the team around Danielson in Portland now?

this forum is something else :laugh:
Portland is a much, much better team than Brandon.

Moose Jaw is a machine with three top-15 picks and all of them have elevated their games in the playoffs. I don't think anyone was going to beat them. I figured the winner of the MJ/Saskatoon series would end up the WHL champion. Mateychuk with 30 points in 19 playoff games is insane. Wish the Wings would have grabbed him instead of Kasper.

Portland is a good team but don't minimize the clinic that MJ is putting on right now. Neutral observers are all saying that the only time Portland is really competitive is the time Danielson is on the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crunchy

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Portland lead the WHL in goals this season by 14 and scored 33 more goals than Moose Jaw did while also allowing 24 less

Overall WHL team statistics are useless as comparisons because of the unbalanced schedule. Portland played only 11 of 68 games against Eastern teams, and went 5-5-1 in those games. They beat up on bad WC teams. MJ has more top-end forwards, the best defenseman in the series. and probably a little more depth overall.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
just some of portlands top dogs aren’t showing out. Stefan Klassen and davies all under ppg and the former 2 were over 100 points and in the top 10 in scoring.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I also don't think it's fair to paint @ricky0034 as hating Danielson. Based on other comments he's made I think it's more likely he's a Wheat Kings fan and is getting pissed that his team has been getting bashed.

He's free to speak for himself if I'm wrong though, we have no shortage of posters here who have developed irrational hatreds of prospects that weren't who they wanted picked.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I also don't think it's fair to paint @ricky0034 as hating Danielson. Based on other comments he's made I think it's more likely he's a Wheat Kings fan and is getting pissed that his team has been getting bashed.

He's free to speak for himself if I'm wrong though, we have no shortage of posters here who have developed irrational hatreds of prospects that weren't who they wanted picked.

I mostly just think it's a bad look how often people bring up his teammates, I never see that nearly as much with other prospects(and honestly Danielson has had a good season, putting so much focus on his teammates does something of a disservice to that)

as far as how I personally feel about Danielson goes i'll admit to not wanting him due to wanting to chase higher ceiling guys but i've mostly come around on him due to a combination of just how awful the Wings NHL Center picture looks aside from Larkin and being convinced at this point that he'll probably at least be like a 60-70 point two way Center in the NHL eventually which is pretty solid(although I do think it'll probably still take a bit longer for him to get there than most here seem to think)

i'm still bummed the Wings didn't take Benson instead though because I think Benson will be REALLY good(i'm talking something like a ~90 point guy that's also one of the best defensive Wingers in the league)

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
I've 4 Wings player jerseys in my collection. All 4 are Franzen. Danny boy might be my only non Mule purchase if he can translate his play to the NHL. Huge fan of the kid

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
are people here really complaining about the team around Danielson in Portland now?

this forum is something else :laugh:
You have reading comprehension issues.

And the point is he's out-performing everyone else on his (stacked) team while taking the toughest defensive matchups and playing all situations.... and you're still looking for reasons to be bummed.

This forum really is something else.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Nate was really good both games in MJ. His skating and willingness to do whatever is needed stand out every shift. Creates a lot of havoc around the net. Always has a good idea where the puck is going and gets there to continue possession or create a puck battle. Does not give up on anything. Always has head up looking for options and can make a quality pass as in the tying 2-2 goal in Game 4. Great puck transporter and calm in all situations. His defensive awareness and commitment to it is outstanding.

There are also hints to some of his limitations. He's not a dominant FO guy yet, got beat cleanly in the d-zone tonight and MJ scored on a set play seconds later to go up 2-1. He made a great move for a goal in Game 3, but that was against a forward playing D (Yager) and a goalie already on his knees expecting a shot. Against a future NHL defenseman like Mateychuk he wasn't getting past him and those two had some great battles, mostly won by Mateychuk. His shot has some velocity but is really erratic, missing the net badly on some great looks. But, every player has his strengths and weaker areas. Overall he tilts the ice and is consistently involved with good possession and winning the puck back in all zones. It would not hurt him to add 8-10 pounds of muscle this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00