Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Closed Window Discussion

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Lens won't be in the CL next season, right? So in that sense this season would have been a better choice of joining them. Maybe varane goes to Lille to join their CL campaign, if they sell Yoro.
I gather the sentiment for Varane would be going "home" rather than playing CL football.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evilo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Whoa, watch the language, that's World Cup winner Lisandro Martinez you're talking about. And he's only had one freak injury which has taken longer than expected to recover from. No United fan is complaining about signing him. Pretty much all the players bought had been injury free before but of course as soon as they put on the United kit, they become brittle as glass.

The guy has NEVER played 30 league games in any season of his pro career. He's never played more than 45 games (which he did once last year) all competitions at any time in his career.
Last season he missed 77 days with a fracture for United.
Year before 62 days for Ayax with a muscle injury.
As for this year, it's 3 different injuries.

Lens won't be in the CL next season, right? So in that sense this season would have been a better choice of joining them. Maybe varane goes to Lille to join their CL campaign, if they sell Yoro.
Haha, zero chance Varane signs with Lille. Zero.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The guy has NEVER played 30 league games in any season of his pro career. He's never played more than 45 games (which he did once last year) all competitions at any time in his career.
Last season he missed 77 days with a fracture for United.
Year before 62 days for Ayax with a muscle injury.
As for this year, it's 3 different injuries.

Haha, zero chance Varane signs with Lille. Zero.
One is related to the injury from last season, operation was not successful or something and the knee injury obviously not something one can prevent. Muscle injuries keep mounting to players the more they are forced to play, though that of course is fault of greed by UEFA/clubs,

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Some smoke that Liverpool want to pay the £85M release clause for Kudus. Would be a nice profit in one summer, but hope they keep him. Electric player, and he was played out of position all year.
Saw this too. Really don’t think this is happening. When you say out of position, where do you think his best position is?

Kudus, while I don’t love all of his underlaying numbers, he fits what Slot wants from his wide players. You can certainly make the observation that LFC current forwards do not really match what Slot likes to do

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Sure, we'll see.

What were TH's signings BTW?
- A questionnable doped goalkeeper formerly from Holland
- Some decent dwarf from Holland always injured
- a player that disappeared for a season at Chelsea, bought like he was still an impact player
- a prospect striker far from ready from Serie A
- a retirement project from Real
- a brazilian wife beater who couldn't put half decent numbers in HOLLAND with AYAX.
- a decent LB in the dutch league who is always injured
- a depth midfielder from Serie A
- a guy with heart problems on a free on his last legs.

Total amount : 445,5 M€ over 2 years. Average price per player? 50M (counting two players on a free) Total number of impact players : 0.

I don't know if ETH is banned from the transfer market, but he better be for United's sake.
god, feels gross doing this because it implies i'm doing any defense of EtH whatsoever, but

- Onana was a good signing and will continue to be
- Mount didn't disappear last year, he was hurt all season (and either missing time as a result or playing through it). He was always a weird fit for Man U, but "bought like he was still an impact player" implies that he's an old guy over the hill, rather than a guy who got better and better with each passing season until overuse led to back-to-back injury-plagued campaigns.

no debate on the others, although Hojlund is IMO very very good and will continue to get better

Reactions: Jussi

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Saw this too. Really don’t think this is happening. When you say out of position, where do you think his best position is?

Kudus, while I don’t love all of his underlaying numbers, he fits what Slot wants from his wide players. You can certainly make the observation that LFC current forwards do not really match what Slot likes to do
On the right. With the injuries, he’s pretty much played all over, at the 10 and also on the left. But whenever the team was healthy he was on the left to accommodate Bowen.

I’m assuming you’re referencing his playmaking metrics, and yeah, I think that’s an area he can improve.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
On the right. With the injuries, he’s pretty much played all over, at the 10 and also on the left. But whenever the team was healthy he was on the left to accommodate Bowen.

I’m assuming you’re referencing his playmaking metrics, and yeah, I think that’s an area he can improve.
Oh yeah I definitely still think there is some upside there. But I don’t think we are going to spend 85m on a guy who hasn’t shown that part of his game yet.

That being said, especially if Salah leaves they are going to need like a Kudus/Bakayoko/maybe Olise type on the right. Of course on the left they are going to need like a Nico Williams type (a 2/3 Ghana ; yes I know he plays for Spain; forward line would be fun) too. Slot needs hims wingers to be 1x1 demons and we don’t really have that. We also need a striker who is a clinical garbage man and obviously don’t really have that either.

Ironically (?) I think Slot’s wet dream would be Savio and Doku (and obviously Haaland) at Man City,

Last edited:

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Some smoke that Liverpool want to pay the £85M release clause for Kudus. Would be a nice profit in one summer, but hope they keep him. Electric player, and he was played out of position all year.
I thought I heard his release clause didn't kick in until next summer. But I don't remember the source and if it was credible.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Bruno Fernandes wanting out of ManU would make a ton of sense. He's turning 30 (if he isn't already) and he was a late bloomer in terms of landing at a massive club. I'd look for one final move to a team that can actually win something if I were him too instead of the perpetual project United is.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
god, feels gross doing this because it implies i'm doing any defense of EtH whatsoever, but

- Onana was a good signing and will continue to be
- Mount didn't disappear last year, he was hurt all season (and either missing time as a result or playing through it). He was always a weird fit for Man U, but "bought like he was still an impact player" implies that he's an old guy over the hill, rather than a guy who got better and better with each passing season until overuse led to back-to-back injury-plagued campaigns.

no debate on the others, although Hojlund is IMO very very good and will continue to get better
I disagree with Onana except for his foot ability. He's always been a headcase and mistake prone.
Mount struggled even when he played in his last Chelsea season. He did fell off the face of the earth.
His signing, at that price, was very weird.

Hear rumors that Ugarte might be allowed to leave PSG? Anyone have more on that?
There's a good chance he leaves. Maybe on loan.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Bruno Fernandes wanting out of ManU would make a ton of sense. He's turning 30 (if he isn't already) and he was a late bloomer in terms of landing at a massive club. I'd look for one final move to a team that can actually win something if I were him too instead of the perpetual project United is.
On the other hand, I'm not sure which teams have a need, would be willing to pay the fee United would want, and would be willing to pay his wages. Barca can't pay the fee, Real Madrid doesn't have a need, United wouldn't sell to City, Arsenal doesn't have a need, he's probably too old for Chelsea.

The only potential options I can think of are Newcastle (although would United sell to Newcastle) and PSG.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I thought I heard his release clause didn't kick in until next summer. But I don't remember the source and if it was credible.
I know Ornstein had confirmed the existence of the clause, but I don't know/haven't heard anything about it triggering next summer.

Reactions: KJS14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad