2024 playoffs

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Cleveland edges Hershey 3-2 in Game 4, with the Monsters holding off a furious Bears effort in which Hershey dominated most of the 3rd period.

Game 5 of the series will be played on Saturday night in Cleveland.

In the Western Conference, Milwaukee leads Coachella Valley 3-2 late in the 2nd period. Like Cleveland, the Admirals need a win to avoid a sweep and continue the series.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals led the entire game and scored their 4th goal with 43 seconds remaining in period 2. That was Zach L'Heureux's 10th goal of the playoffs. Milwaukee tacked on 3 more goals in period 3 to make it a 7 to 2 rout of a DIRTY Firebirds team.

Period 3 had 9 Misconducts called as the frustrated Firebirds repeatedly attacked Admirals players in the last 3 minutes of the game. Goalie Chris Dreidger skated down by the Admirals bench after the horn in a vain attempt to fight Troy Grosenick. Dreidger had High Sticked Phil Tomasino early in period 3 to set an evil tone. It wasn't called by the refs, as many other penalties weren't in the game.

I think that Dreidger should be suspended for a game since he left his crease, crossed the Red line and ended up near the Admirals bench while 2 fights were going on in the NW corner. One of those fights involved Firebirds team captain McCormick. Maybe he should also be suspended for starting a fight at the end of the game when the Admirals were trying to skate off the last 15 seconds in their own zone. It was a disgrace to the AHL!

Driedger has used his stick against Admirals players many times in Games 3 and 4 and the refs have ignored it. None of those players were in his crease.

I have a full account of the game on the Nashville section, Down on the Farm. Read it for yourself.

Game 5 is Saturday at 6 PM CDT in Milwaukee. I hope that the AHL has 3 refs for that game because Coachella Valley needs that many!

Reactions: Avsrule2022

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads lost the game in period 1, when they received 4 penalties and the Firebirds received none. CV captain Max McCormick elbowed Kemell in the face at the Red line and that was not called. I guess that is legal now? He also hassled L'Heureux before the puck was dropped. No call on that, either.

After the game, the two teams shook hands. Only the Ads team captain shook hands with ref Cody Beach. The entire team shook hands with the other ref, MacPhee.

What does that tell you?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Our society has dispensed with the tradition of sportsmanship and replaced it with selfishness & holding grudges?
Yes, Cody Beach held a season long grudge against L'Heureux and somewhat less of a grudge against the Admirals as a whole.

The proof happened in last night's game. A CV player received a minor. He tried to hide on the CV bench. He had to be nearly yanked off of the bench and back onto the ice. He proceeded to skate very slowly across the ice, bitching at the officials for the entire 100 feet. Then he stopped short of the box and continued his yakking without getting into the penalty box. It took a whole minute for him to get into the box from when his skates hit the ice.

If that was an Admiral, he would have received a 10 minute misconduct. If it was L'Heureux, it would have been a 10 and a gamer. I have seen Beach give those penalties to the Admirals several times this season for a lot less than what that Firebird did or did not do.

The rules should apply to both teams equally. That did not happen last night, especially in period one! Cody Beach was the reason why. He should be banned from the AHL.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad