GDT: 2024 Playoff Bandwagon Thread

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
But why couldn't he score 40 goals while with Tampa! :cry: (while being a 4th liner)
He didn't look like anything special at the time. 9mins TOI doesn't give you much time to impress but over the course of the year he looked half snake bitten and half in over his head. I think that and the fact we had a much deeper team, we just saw him as another expendable on a deep, cap restricted team.

On this, I kind of blame the pro scouts on this. Whoever is scouting league wide and held weighted decisions on usage/signing of JAM and Verhaeghe is as much responsible as Cooper. If Cooper doesn't play the player, then you clear others to further development. If neither sees anything in the player and you move on, well... we see what greater opportunity for JAM and Verhaeghe turned into.

Can't really get too tied up with his tenure here because for every JAM or Verhaeghe, there's a Merela, Volkov, etc that fizzle out rather quickly. Kind of just live with it. With that said, he's definitely in Horton/Weiss/Booth territory in terms of my dislike for him because he's owning us recently. Another season or two of this and he's creeping on the floor of Vanek.

Reactions: Renopucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad