2024 Offseason Habs Thread -- news, musings, whatnot

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Price's cap is basically unspendable before the season unless other players are starting the year on IR like Dvorak last year. Good luck finding a player that is willing to attend camp on a PTO and only sign a contract after Price goes on regular season LTIR. Bergie, the gift that keeps giving!
Allowed to go 10% over in summer

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I think he is more than capable of increasing his tally by an additional 10 goals.

He's gone through something similar before in his final season with cbj, and he bounced back just fine. No reason he can't do the same this year.
I thought the same thing heading into last year....

Instead he dropped by 12 goals and "increased" his plus / minus by 10 (& not the good increase 😕)

Hope your optimism is rewarded better than mine lol

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I thought the same thing heading into last year....

Instead he dropped by 12 goals and "increased" his plus / minus by 10 (& not the good increase 😕)

Hope your optimism is rewarded better than mine lol
What would he be rebounding from in the prior year though?

He had a 25 goal pace. I don't think there is a whole lot more there. Heck, that would be on the high end of what I'm thinking in terms of a rebound this upcoming season.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
What would he be rebounding from in the prior year though?

He had a 25 goal pace. I don't think there is a whole lot more there. Heck, that would be on the high end of what I'm thinking in terms of a rebound this upcoming season.
Fair.
I thought that the injury subdued his first full year with MSL & was optimistic that he had 30goals in him and a .5ppg pace...

That he regressed in a full, relatively healthy 2nd season in this environment tells me he may well be another Rene Bourque... 1 step away from being out of the league.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
It's too bad we have a plethora of bottom-6 players (some of whom are overpaid) already.

Because there's a guy named Dakota Joshua this summer who's expected to hit the UFA market and who in my opinion is the ultimate bottom-6 player on a good team. I learned to know him in the playoffs, everytime I watched Canucks games he stood out. Big banging body who plays the game the right way and who can chip in offensively.

Reactions: 417

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad