2024 NHL Draft

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
A skilled forward would be my preference, but honestly just take the BPA. Our system is so bad, just give me a high-end prospect of any kind.

Boisvert looks pretty intriguing as far as kids expected to go in that range.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
With one big exception . . . Bode Wilde

@Chapin Landvogt Looks like he is playing in the DEL 2 next season EC Bad Nauheim

Exactly. And he may even be able to do it on a German player pass (a grandpa somewhere was German), which plays a role in that league as the teams there may only ice 5 import players at a time.

I'm curious to see what he'll do over here. The league is fairly comparable to the ECHL.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Boisvert looks pretty intriguing as far as kids expected to go in that range.
If NYI could get an extra pick to trade down, I'd consider it. I think with all of these players, you need something to hit for them to take the next step. Boisvert seems a lot safer than guys like Hage (limited by size, but has skating), and Parascak (limited by size & meh skating, but has very high IQ). But If I could get one more shot at the lottery by trading down to get Hage or Parascak, I'd really think about it. I suspect one or two of those high IQ guys drafted in the late 1st-2nd round (Hage, Parascak, Stiga, Zeimer, Adams maybe later) are going to hit. Wouldn't mind getting a couple of shots at those. Parascak, in particular, looks like the kind of player who could Matt Moulson his way to 30 goals with smarts, shooting accuracy, and sleight of hand.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Boisvert is my guy!!

The kid who has really caught my eye lately is Beckett Sennecke. I think he has been rising and could go top-10 because of his OHL playoffs, but I really love his skillset. I feel like I'm looking at a potential Filip Forsberg and I LOVED Forsberg back in 2012, he was my draft crush.

I'll have to check out Boisvert more, I trust your opinion on kids to a point... you missed on Wahlstrom. :(

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The kid who has really caught my eye lately is Beckett Sennecke. I think he has been rising and could go top-10 because of his OHL playoffs, but I really love his skillset. I feel like I'm looking at a potential Filip Forsberg and I LOVED Forsberg back in 2012, he was my draft crush.

I'll have to check out Boisvert more, I trust your opinion on kids to a point... you missed on Wahlstrom. :(
Beckett is a monster! A little more raw but for his size the skills he has jump out. We really need to hit on this pick.

You see Carolina and you see a guy like Jarvis and he was picked outside the top10. Gotta hit on a first rounder.

Reactions: PWJunior

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
There was no chance he wasn't going to trade the pick at the deadline either but here we are.

Well I'd like him to use the pick, but when you have one of the oldest teams in the league (who have several holes), I would think most who still believe that this Isles team is a Cup contender would want him to trade it for immediate help.

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
Well I'd like him to use the pick, but when you have one of the oldest teams in the league (who have several holes), I would think most who still believe that this Isles team is a Cup contender would want him to trade it for immediate help.
If we can get an Ehlers or Rossi you trade that pick.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I don't care if he trades it, as long as it's for a young player.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If we can get an Ehlers or Rossi you trade that pick.

The Wild ain't trading Rossi. Why would they? a 22 year old who scores 20 goals his rookie year?

And Ehlers is a nice player, but it's going to cost a 1st and a significant +. Not sure what that + might be that the Isles have.

And even if they acquire Ehlers - That doesn't make this team a Cup contender. Both the defense and the offense need to be addressed.

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
The Wild ain't trading Rossi. Why would they? a 22 year old who scores 20 goals his rookie year?

And Ehlers is a nice player, but it's going to cost a 1st and a significant +. Not sure what that + might be that the Isles have.

And even if they acquire Ehlers - That doesn't make this team a Cup contender. Both the defense and the offense need to be addressed.
Just some rumors.
Maybe Pulock and Wahlstrom and 2nd for Rossi

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I don't care if he trades it, as long as it's for a young player.

If he's just moving the pick, I think one can be fairly certain that it'll a move reminiscent of the Romanov trade.

Chances are very high that he's been in the process of targeting a few such players and that GMs are well aware that there are no qualms in jettisoning that pick.

If it turns into a "kill several birds with one stone" scenario, the following would be the kind of thing I sure as heck hope he'd be able to pull off:
1st, Lee, Mayfield
to Chicago for
Reichel, Jones, Rolston, 2nd rounder

*Yes, I thoroughly believe all players involved would be willing to renounce their NTC for this move.

This said, I do think there are better, contract-controllable U23 forwards out there who are likely available for that first.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If he's just moving the pick, I think one can be fairly certain that it'll a move reminiscent of the Romanov trade.

Chances are very high that he's been in the process of targeting a few such players and that GMs are well aware that there are no qualms in jettisoning that pick.

If it turns into a "kill several birds with one stone" scenario, the following would be the kind of thing I sure as heck hope he'd be able to pull off:
1st, Lee, Mayfield
to Chicago for
Reichel, Jones, Rolston, 2nd rounder

*Yes, I thoroughly believe all players involved would be willing to renounce their NTC for this move.

This said, I do think there are better, contract-controllable U23 forwards out there who are likely available for that first.

The Romanov deal is exactly what he should be doing if he's not going to use the pick. Hopefully he deals Nelson/Palmieri and will have more picks to use in trades so he can make a trade and use a draft pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad